Special to the Chickasaw Journal Teaching history to the next generation is one way of preserving it. The Margery B. Rogers Clark Memorial Scholarship was bestowed on Jacob Ruth and Jade Ruth recently at the eighth annual ceremonies and dinner held recently in Bruce. Jade is the daughter of Gene Ruth and Genia Ruth of […]
Tag Archives | Gene
Damon and Tania Nelson of Vardaman announce the forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Kelsey Danielle, to Justin Gene Floyd. Justin is the son of Tim Floyd of Calhoun City and Sherry Floyd of Big Creek and the grandson of Gene and Margaret Pollan of Grenada and Reverend Billy Floyd of Quinwood, West Virginia. Justin is […]
SMITHVILLE – Donald Gene Davis, 76, died on Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born June 13, 1937, in Okolona, he was a son of Gilbert and Jewel Gray Davis. He was a graduate of Becker Schools. Before his retirement, he worked as a carpenter and painter. Guided by his […]
VARDAMAN — This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a local girl with her eye on a career in nursing, but she needs a little help. Jade Ruth, of Vardaman, has qualified to attend Careers in Medicine, a national youth leadership forum to be held at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore this summer and […]
CALHOUN CITY – Billy Gene Goodson, 79, died Monday, Oct. 21, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. He was born Dec. 8, 1933, in Calhoun County, the son of John Leslie Goodson and Maude Spencer Goodson He was a retired employee of Brookwood and a member of New Gauley Freewill Baptist […]
Shutdown strategy is irresponsible Dear Editor, As Chairman of the Chickasaw County Democratic Executive Committee, I find the strategy of the Republican Party to withhold approval of a budget and threaten to extend the debt ceiling unless the Affordable Health Care Act is rescinded and abolished to be irresponsible. The Affordable Health Care Act was […]
Dear Editor, There are many public uses in the media at this time. However, the failure of our Republican governor to take care of the needs of the needy and his staunch opposition to anything that President Obama stands for is leading us toward a crisis with respect to the funding of Medicaid. Governor Phil […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County closed one of the main roads in the community last week to install culverts under the thoroughfare west of town. County Road 405 – also known at Houston-Thorn Road and Pittsboro Street – is one of the most heavily traveled roads in the community after Highways 15 and 8. Supervisors closed […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...