Damon and Tania Nelson of Vardaman announce the forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Kelsey Danielle, to Justin Gene Floyd. Justin is the son of Tim Floyd of Calhoun City and Sherry Floyd of Big Creek and the grandson of Gene and Margaret Pollan of Grenada and Reverend Billy Floyd of Quinwood, West Virginia. Justin is […]
Tag Archives | Gene
SMITHVILLE – Donald Gene Davis, 76, died on Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born June 13, 1937, in Okolona, he was a son of Gilbert and Jewel Gray Davis. He was a graduate of Becker Schools. Before his retirement, he worked as a carpenter and painter. Guided by his […]
VARDAMAN — This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a local girl with her eye on a career in nursing, but she needs a little help. Jade Ruth, of Vardaman, has qualified to attend Careers in Medicine, a national youth leadership forum to be held at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore this summer and […]
CALHOUN CITY – Billy Gene Goodson, 79, died Monday, Oct. 21, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. He was born Dec. 8, 1933, in Calhoun County, the son of John Leslie Goodson and Maude Spencer Goodson He was a retired employee of Brookwood and a member of New Gauley Freewill Baptist […]
Shutdown strategy is irresponsible Dear Editor, As Chairman of the Chickasaw County Democratic Executive Committee, I find the strategy of the Republican Party to withhold approval of a budget and threaten to extend the debt ceiling unless the Affordable Health Care Act is rescinded and abolished to be irresponsible. The Affordable Health Care Act was […]
Dear Editor, There are many public uses in the media at this time. However, the failure of our Republican governor to take care of the needs of the needy and his staunch opposition to anything that President Obama stands for is leading us toward a crisis with respect to the funding of Medicaid. Governor Phil […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County closed one of the main roads in the community last week to install culverts under the thoroughfare west of town. County Road 405 – also known at Houston-Thorn Road and Pittsboro Street – is one of the most heavily traveled roads in the community after Highways 15 and 8. Supervisors closed […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...