HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Alderman heard from two reisdents registering complaints about city employees during the July 1 meeting. Leonard Gillespie of Houston addressed the board saying he feels as though he is being harassed by a police officer. Gillepsie said a Houston policeman has at times parked across the street from his […]
Tag Archives | GED
Special to the Chickasaw Journal The WIN Job Center will soon offer free GED Prep Classes for anyone age 17 or older and no longer enrolled in school. Classes will be held from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday […]
HOUSTON – Michael and Larry Newman planned and worked hard to get their GED The General Educational Development) test is a group of four subject tests which, when passed, certify that the test taker has high school-level academic skills. “Nothing is hard if you are ready for it,” said Michael, 22, who currently works at […]
OKOLONA – 100 years ago, Okolona attorney, A.T. Stovall, wrote to the Carnegie Corporation requesting funds to build a library for the City of Okolona. The foundation, created by Andrew Carnegie to advance teaching and education, granted the request with a donation of $7,500 to construct a building. The City of Okolona partnered with the […]
Free GED Prep Classes are being offered at ICC-Houston WIN Job Center on for anyone age 17 or older and no longer enrolled in school. Classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday night at the Center on […]
High school or GED graduates, adult learners and transfer students who plan to enter Itawamba Community College for the 2014 spring semester in January will have an opportunity to participate in an upcoming QuickConnect session at the Tupelo Campus. The come-and-go session is scheduled for Jan. 11 from 8:30-11:30 a.m. in the Student Support Center. […]
HOUSTON – The GED has always been a tough test, but it will get tougher on Jan. 2 with a new version and curriculum set to be introduced. The GED (General Educational Development) exam has been a safety net for those who do not obtain a high school diploma and is typically used as a […]
FULTON – Several area residents earned GED certificates during a commencement ceremony recently at the Itawamba Community College Fulton campus. Houston – Dell C. Anton, Neal O. Anton, Lakicia D. Brown, Daniel L. Dunn, Chandler O. Easley, Brooklynn H. Griffin and Stormie D. Roseberry Okolona – Latasha M. Hughes, Labrecia C. Johnson and Renea S. […]
HOUSTON – It’s not the route any of them wanted to go to get their GED, but they are looking to the future and doors it may open. Five inmates at the Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility recently earned their GED (General Education Development) diploma and were the focus of a quick graduation ceremony […]
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Snow! And lots of it March 5, 2015
- On to Jackson March 5, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The snowstorm of 2015 March 5, 2015
- Fifty-three throw hat in the ring March 5, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? March 5, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...