Special to the Chickasaw Journal FULTON – Several area residents received GED certificates at the conclusion of the 2015 spring semester at Itawamba Community College. They were honored at a commencement ceremony, May 12, at the Belden Center. Students are listed by home and name and include: Aberdeen – Michelle Luker; Amory – Mark […]
Tag Archives | GED
Registration is continuing for adult basic education/high school equivalency (ABE/GED) and ESL classes at several locations in Chickasaw County. • Houston WIN Center, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Julia Puckett; Houston WIN Center, Tuesday and Thursday, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Susan Eldridge. • EXCEL in Okolona, Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m.-Noon, Larry Davis. • Chickasaw County Regional […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Alderman heard from two reisdents registering complaints about city employees during the July 1 meeting. Leonard Gillespie of Houston addressed the board saying he feels as though he is being harassed by a police officer. Gillepsie said a Houston policeman has at times parked across the street from his […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal The WIN Job Center will soon offer free GED Prep Classes for anyone age 17 or older and no longer enrolled in school. Classes will be held from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday […]
HOUSTON – Michael and Larry Newman planned and worked hard to get their GED The General Educational Development) test is a group of four subject tests which, when passed, certify that the test taker has high school-level academic skills. “Nothing is hard if you are ready for it,” said Michael, 22, who currently works at […]
OKOLONA – 100 years ago, Okolona attorney, A.T. Stovall, wrote to the Carnegie Corporation requesting funds to build a library for the City of Okolona. The foundation, created by Andrew Carnegie to advance teaching and education, granted the request with a donation of $7,500 to construct a building. The City of Okolona partnered with the […]
Free GED Prep Classes are being offered at ICC-Houston WIN Job Center on for anyone age 17 or older and no longer enrolled in school. Classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday night at the Center on […]
High school or GED graduates, adult learners and transfer students who plan to enter Itawamba Community College for the 2014 spring semester in January will have an opportunity to participate in an upcoming QuickConnect session at the Tupelo Campus. The come-and-go session is scheduled for Jan. 11 from 8:30-11:30 a.m. in the Student Support Center. […]
HOUSTON – The GED has always been a tough test, but it will get tougher on Jan. 2 with a new version and curriculum set to be introduced. The GED (General Educational Development) exam has been a safety net for those who do not obtain a high school diploma and is typically used as a […]
FULTON – Several area residents earned GED certificates during a commencement ceremony recently at the Itawamba Community College Fulton campus. Houston – Dell C. Anton, Neal O. Anton, Lakicia D. Brown, Daniel L. Dunn, Chandler O. Easley, Brooklynn H. Griffin and Stormie D. Roseberry Okolona – Latasha M. Hughes, Labrecia C. Johnson and Renea S. […]
HOUSTON – It’s not the route any of them wanted to go to get their GED, but they are looking to the future and doors it may open. Five inmates at the Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility recently earned their GED (General Education Development) diploma and were the focus of a quick graduation ceremony […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...