HOUSTON – There will be no massive city-wide street paving projects in Houston this summer, but aldermen are looking at how best to spend dollars in their wards this year. The summer construction season coincides with the wrapping up of the city budget in August with the city looking at projects to start that would […]
Tag Archives | Gateway
HOUSTON – Jim Wiginton grinned as he stepped over the yellow line at the southern gateway to the Tanglefoot Trail in Saturday. “This is great,” said Wiginton, 88, of Corinth. “Yes, I’m a little tired, but it feels great.” Tanglefoot Trail Manager Don Locke said, as far as he knows, Wiginton was the first to […]
I turned the corner Friday morning on the way to work and spotted the Golden Eagle on top of the Courthouse Square. It was just a break in the trees and the sun at the perfect angle to give me a new view of something that I had seen dozens of times. But it was […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Houlka Attendance Center engulfed by fire (w/video) July 30, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- Magnolia Fest blooms in Okolona August 1, 2014
- Fall Fun Day seeks volunteers August 1, 2014
- County seeks bids August 1, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...