HOUSTON – Firefighters pulled two people unconscious from a local business after they were knocked out by apparent carbon monoxide poisoning from a gasoline powered buffer. “In my 20 years of firefighting, I’ve never seen anything like this,” said Capt. Jonathan Blankenship, of the Houston Fire Department. “We have trained for this and recognized it […]
Tag Archives | gasoline
Do you like making a dollar? That’s a question every American can truthfully answer without one bit of guilt or shame. This country and this community was founded by capitalist who spotted an opportunity, put the wheels in motion and carried the proceeds from their labor to the bank. That opportunity come to Houston this […]
OKOLONA – The Civil War sweeps through Chickasaw County next week as re-enactors gather at Prairie Mound to dig into history and maybe dig up a little treasure. Event organizers have been making plans for this re-enactment for more than a year and have gotten the community and the site ready for what they hope […]
Grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremonies were held Saturday, Jan. 4, for Okolona’s newest business, Lillie’s Quick Stop, located on Church Street north of the Okolona Vocational Complex. The business, owned by Kelvin Stanfield, is open Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday from 5 a.m. to midnight and Sunday from […]
This is the time of year when we take a look back at 2013 and at the same time look forward to 2014. It’s a bittersweet time of year. There have been weddings and funerals, cars bought and trucks crashed, profits and losses, good times and sad times. I try not to dwell too much […]
Some customers drive 20 miles to shop at Mounce Grocery and Johnny Mounce does all he can to keep them coming back. “When you have customers like that, you do all you can for them,” said Mounce. “I’ve always said we want to treat you so good you feel guilty going somewhere else.” So what […]
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...