HOUSTON – In a town famous for high gas prices, the cost of a gallon of gasoline dropped under $2 last week at most convenience stores. North Pak-A-Pok was selling gasoline for $1.97 a gallon and the first in the community go drop below the two-buck level. “We have always tried to be a place […]
Tag Archives | Gas
HOUSTON — A three-vehicle accident caused a broke open a natural gas line on Highway 8 west of Houston Friday morning snarling traffic and hurting two people. The accident saw a natural gas regulator in the right-of-way sheared off at its base and natural gas spewing into the air. Emergency crews were dispatched about 7:45 a.m. […]
Dear Editor, I applaud your efforts in last week’s Chickasaw Journal and in the past to do something to help with the extravagant prices that the good folks in Houston must pay for gas. It is an old story, one that Lisa Voyles tried to fight at one time before you arrived on the scene. […]
I took driver’s education at West Point Junior High in 1975 and some of you may remember the simulator trailer they taught us to drive in. This was the day and age before computer games and it was the latest in technology. The trailer had a movie screen at one end and car seats that […]
HOUSTON – Ask the people who live on Chestnut Drive, Griffin Street and Pecan Lane and they will tell you they live on the worst street in Houston. The Houston Board of Mayor and Aldermen were approached by Billy Free last week urging the city to start repairing the streets in his neighborhood. “I have […]
HOULKA – Public Service Co mmissioner Brandon Presley wants to hear your complaints. Presley was in Houlka last week to listen to concerns about telephone service, water quality and natural gas and electricity bills. “We do this to get input from you on what public utilities in this part of Mississippi are doing for […]
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley and his staff members will hold regular office hours each month at local courthouses around North Mississippi for anyone with utility company questions or concerns. Presley will be at the Chickasaw County Courthouse in Houston from 2 to 4 p.m., the first Wednesday of each month. The first date for […]
HOUSTON — Drilling crews were busy in downtown Houston last week but they weren’t drilling for oil, gas or even water. A rig was erected on Monroe Street Wednesday to drill down 260 feet and install a cathode that will protect a large natural gas line in the area from corrosion. “As soon as we […]
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors April 19, 2015
- Cyclist dies on Natchez Trace Parkway April 22, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...