HOUSTON – Almost a century ago Congress established the Cooperative Extension Service to link the nation’s agricultural research universities to farms and farmers – and that assistance continues to this day. The Chickasaw County Extension Service will host an open house at its offices at 415 Lee Horn Drive from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday […]
Tag Archives | Gary
PHEBA – Gary Lynn Bigham Sr., 56, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born March 18, 1957, in Maben, the son of Peggy Jean Boyette and Emmett Jefferson Bigham. He was a maintenance technician at Bryan Foods in West Point for 32 years. He was […]
PHEBA – Gary Lynn Bigham, 56, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Calvert Funeral Home in West Point.
BRUCE – Gary D. Gann, 25, died Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014, on Highway 32 W. He was born Jan. 30, 1988, in Grenada. He was a member of Sherman Baptist Church. He was a 2008 graduate of Bruce High School, and he received his associate degree from Northwest Mississippi Community College. Services will be at […]
Local Focus! Locally owned businesses serv Washington Oil is a Houlka landmark located at the corner of Main Street and U.S. Highway 32. Gary Washington has been fixing flats, selling tires and offering oil changes for 14 years and is proud of the customer base he has built and the reputation for good work […]
TUPELO – Joseph Webster “”Joe”” Gary, 86, born, April 4, 1927, in Byram to Albert West Gary and Allie Robinson Gary went to be with his Lord and Savior on Saturday, Dec. 21, 2013, after a lengthy battle with cancer. He passed away peacefully, surrounded by his daughters, Lynn and JoAnn, as well as extended […]
VARDAMAN — This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a local girl with her eye on a career in nursing, but she needs a little help. Jade Ruth, of Vardaman, has qualified to attend Careers in Medicine, a national youth leadership forum to be held at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore this summer and […]
HOUSTON – Trace Regional Hospital is a top performer in the six-hospital SunLink Health system and was recently rewarded with a $1 million gift of equipment from the parent company. “It’s like Christmas to us,” said Marianne Johnson, a Trace Regional employee. “Patients don’t always recognize when we get new equipment, but we see […]
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The snowstorm of 2015 March 5, 2015
- Fifty-three throw hat in the ring March 5, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? March 5, 2015
- Ice, sleet accumulation expected tonight in region March 4, 2015
- Bats go cold in Bulldogs’ first loss March 4, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...