OKOLONA – After an executive session to discuss the ramifications of the verdict in a lawsuit filed by Ausbern Construction, the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors decided not to seek an appeal at this time. Ausbern sued the county for an unpaid balance on work done to CR 4 and a jury found in his […]
Tag Archives | Gary Carnathan
OXFORD – A Lafayette County jury has ruled Ausbern Construction is due $570,293.60 in costs and damages following a lawsuit with Chickasaw County that has stretched over two years. Ausbern Construction, owned by Terry Ausbern, of Okolona, sought payment from the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors for work his company did over three years ago […]
HOUSTON – A long-running lawsuit between Chickasaw County and Ausbern Construction was slated to be heard Monday morning, in Lafayette County and could end more than two years of legal wrangling. Ausbern seeks payment for work the company did for the county almost three years ago. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth has already ruled the […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors opened the new year with a new idea for collections through Justice Court. Melanie Mayer of nCourt electronic collection service addressed the board about a convenient online method for residents to pay fines, some tickets and fees. Some tickets, including DUI tickets, require a court appearance and […]
- Houlka Community Thanksgiving is Nov. 22 November 19, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- Chieftains to stand tall on court November 24, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Bells will be ringing November 25, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...