OKOLONA – After an executive session to discuss the ramifications of the verdict in a lawsuit filed by Ausbern Construction, the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors decided not to seek an appeal at this time. Ausbern sued the county for an unpaid balance on work done to CR 4 and a jury found in his […]
Tag Archives | Gary Carnathan
OXFORD – A Lafayette County jury has ruled Ausbern Construction is due $570,293.60 in costs and damages following a lawsuit with Chickasaw County that has stretched over two years. Ausbern Construction, owned by Terry Ausbern, of Okolona, sought payment from the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors for work his company did over three years ago […]
HOUSTON – A long-running lawsuit between Chickasaw County and Ausbern Construction was slated to be heard Monday morning, in Lafayette County and could end more than two years of legal wrangling. Ausbern seeks payment for work the company did for the county almost three years ago. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth has already ruled the […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors opened the new year with a new idea for collections through Justice Court. Melanie Mayer of nCourt electronic collection service addressed the board about a convenient online method for residents to pay fines, some tickets and fees. Some tickets, including DUI tickets, require a court appearance and […]
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Ice, sleet accumulation expected tonight in region March 4, 2015
- Bats go cold in Bulldogs’ first loss March 4, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...