Letter Ray Garrett Dear Editor, The primaries for the United States Senate seat from Mississippi are over. We the voters are now faced with a clear choice between two candidates for this office. This choice is between the Democratic nominee, Travis Childers, and the Republican nominee, Thad Cocharan, Despite what many of thier supporters […]
Tag Archives | Garrett
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette UNION COUNTY — New Albany police had taken 46 suspects into custody Wednesday out of 48 indicted as part of “Operation Fish Net” and expected to get the other two soon. The operation was a mass roundup of people charged with selling drugs in New Albany. Michael Erby, head […]
AMORY – Kayden Garrett Harris, infant son of Eddie Jr. and Amanda Harris, died Friday, April 4, 2014, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. In addition to his parents, he is survived by his twin sister, Makenna Harris; sisters, Melissa Latham of Magnolia, Ark., and Madalyn Stephens of Tupelo; brother, Allen Stephens of Tupelo; and […]
Garrett Benson shot this 10-point buck recently while hunting in Grenada County with his grandfather, Larry Blanton. This is the first buck killed by the nine-year-old Benson who is the son of Michelle Benson and the late Kalem Benson of Grenada and the grandson of Barry and Sheila Lester of […]
Garrett Smith killed this 7-point deer Nov. 23 on his first shot while hunting with his father. This is the first deer the 5-year-old has bagged. He is the son of Brad and Melissa Smith of Calhoun City and the grandson of Donny Smith of Houston.
WEST POINT – Jacob Melvin Garrett, 92, passed away on Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born June 23, 1921, in Texas to Hattie McCleskey and Leslie Garrett. He was a Navy veteran of World War II. He moved to Arizona in 1938 and worked for Phelps […]
PONTOTOC – Monroe George Garrett, 66, died Monday, May 13, 2013, at Select Specialty Hospital in Jackson. A native of Pontotoc, he was the son of William and Bessie Mae Garrett. He was a member of McDonald United Methodist Church and a Marine veteran of the Vietnam War. He loved cooking, grilling, gardening, welding, building, […]
Pull your weight, work for entitlement Dear Editor, The long dreaded automatic spending cuts of the sequester have now taken effect. Yet the sky did not fall despite the ominous warnings of Chicken Little and company. In realty these very modest reductions in government spending are all our elected officials have done to actually […]
- MDWFP museum summer camp registration now open March 25, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...