Lonnie Whitt knows his work will last longer than just about any in this community, so that is why he does it right the first time. ”We also realize this is a difficult time in the lives of our customers,” said Whitt, owner of Houston Monument. “We do our best to provide a high quality […]
Tag Archives | Funeral
VARDAMAN – Hundreds of people from around Calhoun County and surrounding areas filled the gymnasium at Vardaman High School on Monday afternoon to mourn three children killed in a residential fire Saturday. Seven-year-old twins Yobani and Isabel Razo and their 9-year-old brother Oscar Razo died when flames engulfed their Front Street home. Their mother, […]
OKOLONA – Kelvin Bowens, 34, died Tuesday, June 11, 2013. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Fields Funeral Home of Okolona.
Harley Langley is quick to say his job is not easy but it is immensely rewarding and helping families through some of their darkest days is the goal of Southern Funeral Home Chapel. “I grew up in Houston and graduated from Houston High School in 1949,” said Langley. “I know most of the people around […]
CALHOUN CITY – Annie Lynette Ferguson, 82, died Friday, Dec. 14, 2012. She was born May 24, 1930, in Calhoun County to Clarence Mathis Griffin and Dewey Mae Hathcock Griffin. She was a seamstress and a Baptist. Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at Southern Funeral Chapel with Bro. Jason Brassfield and Bro. […]
- School ratings a shame November 16, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- WEEK 14: High school football playoff scores November 22, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...