By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Sundancer has won the National Solar Car Challenge in Texas the last 14 years in a row and now they have set their eyes on a world title. The Houston Solar Car team hopes to be the first high school team to finish the World Solar Car Challenge […]
Tag Archives | Funds
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Deep pockets solve lots of problems and a group of Chicksasaw County volunteers did their best last week to make United Way dollars solve as many as possible. The United Way Chickasaw County Funds Distribution Committee finished up their allocation of 2015 dollars recently for agencies that will fund services to local […]
HOUSTON – The state has $3.9 million that will be made available to cities and counties for home renovation and Houston is applying for some of that money. Houston’s Board of Aldermen voted last week to apply for these state funds and – if they are successful in obtaining the grant – will need qualified […]
HOUSTON – There are always people in need and that means Chickasaw County needs United Way now more than ever. United Way provided $116,302 of assistance to 32 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and those agencies have requested roughly $159,850 this year. “The goal this year for United Way of North Mississippi […]
HOUSTON – The state and federal government allocate money to school districts based on the number of students in school and Houston trustees have asked for details on youngsters transferring to other districts. Districts in Chickasaw County traditionally allow teachers and staff, who teach or work in another district, to take their children to that […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – There will always be people who need help with medical bills, housing, clothing and even buying food for their families and thankfully United Way of Chickasaw County is there to help. The Chickasaw County United Way Allocations Committee met last week to do the tough job of distributing local funds to local […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Unusually high absentee voting activity reported July 28, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...