The annual series of Lenten lunches begin this week at Houston First United Methodist Church Family Life Center and the community is being urged to attend. Rev. Rex Wilburn will be the series’ first speaker on Wed., Feb. 25 at noon at First Methodist Church Family Life Center. There will be a light lunch and […]
Tag Archives | FUMC
HOUSTON – One day last week, it smelled like Thanksgiving in the kitchen at First United Methodist Church in Houston. Six women representing FUM and the North Charge in Houlka gathered to sauté onions and celery, chop pecans, boil rice and mash sweet potatoes for some of the casseroles they’ll be selling at the Houston Parish […]
HOUSTON – The Exchange Club of Houston will be hosting a prayer breakfast at 7 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 6 at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center. The event is themed “One Nation Under God” and its aim is to increase appreciation of our rich religious heritage, but also seeks to remind Americans to […]
HOUSTON – For almost 30 years, volunteers have spread Christmas cheer in Houston and the surrounding areas and the drive has begun again. Project Noel began as a grass-roots effort to help the less fortunate during the holidays and has continued to serve the community with Christmas cheer. Carol Byrne has worked with Project Noel […]
- 1975 Grand Slam Champions February 22, 2015
- School, business, industry and institution closing February 25, 2015
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- PREP BASKETBALL PLAYOFFS: Houlka and Okolona still dancing February 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...