Brian Free and his group Assurance will be at Macedonia Methodist Church, on CR 418, at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 17 for an evening of praise and worship. The event is free and a love offering will be taken. Since 1982, Free has been at the forefront of southern gospel music since first joining Gold […]
Tag Archives | Free
HOUSTON – The U.S. Commerce Department estimates one in six children in America go to bed hungry at least once a week. And that number has to be higher in Houston and rural Chickasaw County. First Baptist Church Food Pantry gave out 99 turkeys last week at its monthly food ministry. Those in line were […]
Traditional Thanksgiving dinner will be served at the Excel Commons on Main Street in Okolona Nov. 28 at noon. Those who might otherwise be without family on Thanksgiving are invited to join the fellowship meal at the Commons. Limited take outs are available. Volunteers are always welcome and may call Sr. Liz Brown at 456-2030 […]
The question has been asked, “What is the Apostolic Age?” The word apostolic means having to do with the apostles. The apostolic age was when the apostles lived. To be an apostle, one had to be a witness to Christ. The twelve apostles that Jesus appointed were the ones who walked with Christ. They witnessed […]
A day of music is planned for Saturday in Joe Brigance Park in Houston. Jermaine Morgan is organizing the Chickasaw County Instrumental Music Festival from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. with free admission for music lovers. Featured acts at the event will include: * Dr. Cass Patrick, ICC music department * Jeremy Freelon, Risen drums […]
Service after the sale is more than a slogan at Bargain Warehouse in Houston. Robert, Linda and Benny Goza are quick to point out you can buy appliances and electronics just about anywhere, but getting someone to fix one when it breaks is almost impossible. “We’ve always said we sell the best and service the […]
The Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation District will be celebrating “Tree Planting Week” with seedlings free to the public Friday, February 8. Seedlings available are persimmon, black walnut, redbud, river birch, cypress, sawtooth oak, white flowering dogwood and loblolly pine. The tree give away begins February 8 at 8 a.m. at the USDA Center […]
Paul A man once said, “I wish there were instructions that came with having children.” My friend, there are instructions and they are in the Bible. There are answers for every thing that we need to know about raising a family, if only we would go back to the Bible. In raising children, the first […]
- County picks MedStat ambulances September 25, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- NMMC offers pastoral education program September 28, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- EPA conducts water quality study on Chico Creek October 1, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...