By Juliet Linderman and Travis Loller Associated Press BALTIMORE – An Arkansas megachurch pastor was elected Tuesday to lead the country’s Southern Baptists as the conservative denomination tries to turn around declining membership, church attendance and baptisms and faces increasing conflict with mainstream culture, especially over its conviction that gay sex is immoral. Later on […]
Tag Archives | Fred
WEST POINT – Betty McKinley Morgan, 80, passed away on Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 5, 1933, in Choctaw County in the Panhandle community, the daughter of Emmette Carl and Della Myrtice Cummings McKinley. She was a charter member of Christ United Methodist Church in […]
OKOLONA – Fred Brasher, 67, died Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Darden and Sons Funeral Home of Amory.
BRUCE – Billy Fred Murphree, 78, died Monday, July 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Feb. 1, 1935, in Bruce. He was a self-employed farmer, and a member of Mt. Moriah Baptist Church and the Chicken Bone Fire Dept. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, July 18, at […]
WEST POINT – Phyllis Jean Parks Dreher, 83, passed away on Saturday, June 8, 2013, at Aurora Health and Rehabilitation, in Columbus. She was born July 19, 1929, in El Dorado, Ark., to Lena Jane Haynie and Walter Samuel Parks Sr. She had worked as a teacher’s assistant in West Point Public School System. She […]
BRUCE – Fred D. Riley, 78, Friday, Feb. 15, 2013. He was born on May 29, 1934, in Bruce. He was the son of D.U. “Dude” and Beatrice Brasher Riley. He graduated from Bruce High School and Delta State University. He served in the U.S. Army in Germany. After returning from Germany, he moved to […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...