By Juliet Linderman and Travis Loller Associated Press BALTIMORE – An Arkansas megachurch pastor was elected Tuesday to lead the country’s Southern Baptists as the conservative denomination tries to turn around declining membership, church attendance and baptisms and faces increasing conflict with mainstream culture, especially over its conviction that gay sex is immoral. Later on […]
Tag Archives | Fred
WEST POINT – Betty McKinley Morgan, 80, passed away on Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 5, 1933, in Choctaw County in the Panhandle community, the daughter of Emmette Carl and Della Myrtice Cummings McKinley. She was a charter member of Christ United Methodist Church in […]
OKOLONA – Fred Brasher, 67, died Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Darden and Sons Funeral Home of Amory.
BRUCE – Billy Fred Murphree, 78, died Monday, July 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Feb. 1, 1935, in Bruce. He was a self-employed farmer, and a member of Mt. Moriah Baptist Church and the Chicken Bone Fire Dept. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, July 18, at […]
WEST POINT – Phyllis Jean Parks Dreher, 83, passed away on Saturday, June 8, 2013, at Aurora Health and Rehabilitation, in Columbus. She was born July 19, 1929, in El Dorado, Ark., to Lena Jane Haynie and Walter Samuel Parks Sr. She had worked as a teacher’s assistant in West Point Public School System. She […]
BRUCE – Fred D. Riley, 78, Friday, Feb. 15, 2013. He was born on May 29, 1934, in Bruce. He was the son of D.U. “Dude” and Beatrice Brasher Riley. He graduated from Bruce High School and Delta State University. He served in the U.S. Army in Germany. After returning from Germany, he moved to […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Hill named to National Society of Collegiate Scholars May 19, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...