By Juliet Linderman and Travis Loller Associated Press BALTIMORE – An Arkansas megachurch pastor was elected Tuesday to lead the country’s Southern Baptists as the conservative denomination tries to turn around declining membership, church attendance and baptisms and faces increasing conflict with mainstream culture, especially over its conviction that gay sex is immoral. Later on […]
Tag Archives | Fred
WEST POINT – Betty McKinley Morgan, 80, passed away on Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 5, 1933, in Choctaw County in the Panhandle community, the daughter of Emmette Carl and Della Myrtice Cummings McKinley. She was a charter member of Christ United Methodist Church in […]
OKOLONA – Fred Brasher, 67, died Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Darden and Sons Funeral Home of Amory.
BRUCE – Billy Fred Murphree, 78, died Monday, July 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Feb. 1, 1935, in Bruce. He was a self-employed farmer, and a member of Mt. Moriah Baptist Church and the Chicken Bone Fire Dept. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, July 18, at […]
WEST POINT – Phyllis Jean Parks Dreher, 83, passed away on Saturday, June 8, 2013, at Aurora Health and Rehabilitation, in Columbus. She was born July 19, 1929, in El Dorado, Ark., to Lena Jane Haynie and Walter Samuel Parks Sr. She had worked as a teacher’s assistant in West Point Public School System. She […]
BRUCE – Fred D. Riley, 78, Friday, Feb. 15, 2013. He was born on May 29, 1934, in Bruce. He was the son of D.U. “Dude” and Beatrice Brasher Riley. He graduated from Bruce High School and Delta State University. He served in the U.S. Army in Germany. After returning from Germany, he moved to […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...