By Juliet Linderman and Travis Loller Associated Press BALTIMORE – An Arkansas megachurch pastor was elected Tuesday to lead the country’s Southern Baptists as the conservative denomination tries to turn around declining membership, church attendance and baptisms and faces increasing conflict with mainstream culture, especially over its conviction that gay sex is immoral. Later on […]
Tag Archives | Fred
WEST POINT – Betty McKinley Morgan, 80, passed away on Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 5, 1933, in Choctaw County in the Panhandle community, the daughter of Emmette Carl and Della Myrtice Cummings McKinley. She was a charter member of Christ United Methodist Church in […]
OKOLONA – Fred Brasher, 67, died Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Darden and Sons Funeral Home of Amory.
BRUCE – Billy Fred Murphree, 78, died Monday, July 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Feb. 1, 1935, in Bruce. He was a self-employed farmer, and a member of Mt. Moriah Baptist Church and the Chicken Bone Fire Dept. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, July 18, at […]
WEST POINT – Phyllis Jean Parks Dreher, 83, passed away on Saturday, June 8, 2013, at Aurora Health and Rehabilitation, in Columbus. She was born July 19, 1929, in El Dorado, Ark., to Lena Jane Haynie and Walter Samuel Parks Sr. She had worked as a teacher’s assistant in West Point Public School System. She […]
BRUCE – Fred D. Riley, 78, Friday, Feb. 15, 2013. He was born on May 29, 1934, in Bruce. He was the son of D.U. “Dude” and Beatrice Brasher Riley. He graduated from Bruce High School and Delta State University. He served in the U.S. Army in Germany. After returning from Germany, he moved to […]
- Vardaman softball coach arrested April 18, 2015
- CenterStage to perform at ICC April 22, 2015
- Cyclist dies on Natchez Trace Parkway April 22, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...