By Juliet Linderman and Travis Loller Associated Press BALTIMORE – An Arkansas megachurch pastor was elected Tuesday to lead the country’s Southern Baptists as the conservative denomination tries to turn around declining membership, church attendance and baptisms and faces increasing conflict with mainstream culture, especially over its conviction that gay sex is immoral. Later on […]
Tag Archives | Fred
WEST POINT – Betty McKinley Morgan, 80, passed away on Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 5, 1933, in Choctaw County in the Panhandle community, the daughter of Emmette Carl and Della Myrtice Cummings McKinley. She was a charter member of Christ United Methodist Church in […]
OKOLONA – Fred Brasher, 67, died Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Darden and Sons Funeral Home of Amory.
BRUCE – Billy Fred Murphree, 78, died Monday, July 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Feb. 1, 1935, in Bruce. He was a self-employed farmer, and a member of Mt. Moriah Baptist Church and the Chicken Bone Fire Dept. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, July 18, at […]
WEST POINT – Phyllis Jean Parks Dreher, 83, passed away on Saturday, June 8, 2013, at Aurora Health and Rehabilitation, in Columbus. She was born July 19, 1929, in El Dorado, Ark., to Lena Jane Haynie and Walter Samuel Parks Sr. She had worked as a teacher’s assistant in West Point Public School System. She […]
BRUCE – Fred D. Riley, 78, Friday, Feb. 15, 2013. He was born on May 29, 1934, in Bruce. He was the son of D.U. “Dude” and Beatrice Brasher Riley. He graduated from Bruce High School and Delta State University. He served in the U.S. Army in Germany. After returning from Germany, he moved to […]
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- County revisits dog law October 17, 2014
- Public wants access to school facilities October 23, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...