More than 50 additional indictments from the Union County April 15-16 grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are taken into custody (if they are not already jailed) and formally served with the indictment papers. Officials said about 40 more indictments remain unreleased. Typically, the last […]
Tag Archives | Fraud
OKOLONA – The April term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court had 65 cases set on the docket with drug cases and appeals from Justice Court and Okolona Municipal Court dominating the list. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth were slated to hear cases this term, accept guilty pleas and assign […]
A Pontotoc County resident has been sentenced on charges of insurance fraud Friday. Eric Long, 28, of Randolph, appeared before Judge James L. Roberts in Pontotoc County Circuit Court on Friday and pleaded guilty to one count of insurance fraud after filing a fraudulent insurance claim with Allstate Insurance Company regarding a four-wheeler accident which […]
Six arrested in Pontotoc on meth charges David Helms Pontotoc Progress Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said four Pontotoc County residents, along with a New Albany man and an Oxford woman, were arrested Monday night and charged with possession of methamphetamine. Mask said the six arrests were made after a search warrant was executed at […]
OKOLONA – The October term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw the docket swell from 73 cases in July to 105 this month in Okolona, with judges disposing of 25 cases. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth accepted 18 guilty pleas, retired five cases to the files, dismissed one case […]
JACKSON — The Mississippi Attorney General’s office has arrested a Greenville resident and charged her with jury tampering, according to Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood. Marguerite Wilson, 31, of Greenville was arrested Oct. 15, by an investigator with the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, with the assistance of a deputy from the Washington County […]
JACKSON — The Mississippi Attorney General’s office has arrested a Greenville resident and charged her with jury tampering, according to Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood. Marguerite Wilson, 31, of Greenville was arrested Oct. 15, by an investigator with the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, with the assistance of a deputy from the Washington […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Natchez Trace Electric Power Association has received a report of someone calling representing themselves as the EPA and saying if the homeowner does not give them a credit card number and other personal information their electricity will be cut off. A customer who received the call contacted Natchez Trace and told them […]
Drug cases, sexual assault, sale of counterfeit goods cases disposed of OKOLONA – The July term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court had 73 cases set and disposed of 13 during the two weeks court was held in Okolona. The docket saw 32 drug-related cases set for this term, down from the 36 on the […]
OKOLONA – The January term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw 11 of the 79 cases on the docket disposed of in open court. The two week term opened on Jan. 28 and continued through Friday, Feb. 8 at the Chickasaw County Courtroom in Okolona. Nine probation revocations were also heard. The docket saw 28 […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...