HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Alderman heard from two reisdents registering complaints about city employees during the July 1 meeting. Leonard Gillespie of Houston addressed the board saying he feels as though he is being harassed by a police officer. Gillepsie said a Houston policeman has at times parked across the street from his […]
Tag Archives | Frank Thomas
HOUSTON – Lee Nabors smiled as he presented a check for $1,000 to Dennis and Sandra Morgan who also had big smiles. The Morgans were recently chosen for a spring shopping spree at Nabors Do-It-Best Home Center as part of the Houston store’s annual drawing for a lucky local shopper. “I love doing this and […]
HOUSTON – City leaders chose their next top administrator and bookkeeper at a special called meeting of the Houston Board of Aldermen June 11. Janie Dendy was named the new Houston City Clerk and will replace Bobby Sanderson who is slated to retire later this month. A native of Algoma, Dendy has lived in Houston […]
HOUSTON – Thomas Howell, a Houston High School graduate and battalion Executive Officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard, is the newest Houston School Board Trustee. The vote by the Houston Board of Alderman last week to appoint Howell to the city school post was 3-2 and not without controversy and lengthy discussion. The motion […]
Houston, Houlka, Woodland and Okolona all had spots for mayor and aldermen up for grabs this spring. I have always said the one of the things newspapers do best is cover elections. Getting that cute quote from an elected officials makes my day and often the day of our readers. Putting the numbers in front […]
HOUSTON – Voters put incumbent city leaders back into office as Tony Uhiren and Frank Thomas reclaimed their seats on the Houston Board of Alderman. Neither race was close in the only two contested races in Chickasaw County that pitted Republicans and Democrats in municipal elections June 4. Thomas ran as a Republican for his […]
HOUSTON – Voters have been to the polls three times over the past 28 days as Houston, Okolona, Houlka and Woodland are picking their leaders in municipal elections this spring. Houston residents will head to the polls Tuesday for the last time as they vote in two contested aldermen races. City races in Okolona, Houlka […]
HOUSTON – With races for Mayor, Chief of Police and two aldermen up for grabs, there was a steady turnout at the polls for city elections Tuesday. Races saw eight candidates busy yesterday making last minute pleas for votes and handing out campaign cards at the Chickasaw Development Foundation community center, the city’s lone voting […]
- Torres named Miss ICC April 14, 2015
- Vardaman softball coach arrested April 18, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Discrimination cuts one way April 18, 2015
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors April 19, 2015
- Davis/Englert April 19, 2015
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 21, 2015
- Man killed in Calhoun County three-vehicle wreck April 20, 2015
- HUES names Students of the Week April 20, 2015
- Local voices to sing April 27 at ICC April 20, 2015
- Process of returning stolen property is detailed. April 20, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...