By Stephanie Rebman Daily Journal A Myrtle man died in a Chickasaw County crash Friday afternoon. According to Mississippi Highway Patrol’s Criss Turnipseed, the fatal crash was about 3:30 p.m. on Mississippi Highway 245 about half a mile north of U.S. Highway 45 Alternate. William Browning, 47, was pronounced dead at the scene. His F-250 […]
Tag Archives | Ford
Monroe Journal The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in locating Herbert Sanderson, 87, who was last seen between 1 and 3 p.m. Wednesday in Hatley. Sanderson is described as a white male with brown hair and brown eyes, 5-foot-8 and 165 pounds. He drives a white 1985 Ford E15 van […]
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is issuing a Silver Alert for 77-year-old Robert Lloyd Edwards of Eupora. Mr. Edwards was last seen Saturday, Oct. 4, at about noon at 705 Pogue Road in Eupora and this Silver Alert was issued at 1:35 p.m. Monday by MBI. He is described as a white male, 6-foot, 1-inch tall, weighing […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal NATCHEZ TRACE – A Houston man died in an early-morning, one-vehicle accident Wednesday on the Natchez Trace Parkway in Chickasaw County. Jamie Adams, 41, of Houston, was pronounced dead at the scene after the black Ford pickup he was driving left the roadway and struck a tree at milepost […]
EUPORA – Children of America and Youth Fest held summer camp June 26-29 at Kamp Kumbaya in Eupora where the campers had a chance to enjoy many educational and fun activities. There were a total of 40 campers and 15 staff members. Campers participated in a reading contest, math contest, Spanish challenge, arts and crafts, […]
FULTON/TUPELO – Several area residents were among those who earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science degrees or certificates at the conclusion of the 2014 spring semester at Itawamba Community College. n Cedarbluff – Jordan Bruce Thompson, A.A.S. n Houlka – Sara E. Zachary, A.A.S.; Ishmuel Terrell Stephens, A.A.S.; Rebecca Lauren Parker, A.A. […]
OKOLONA – They strolled across the stage, shook their superintendent’s hand and took their diplomas as graduates of Okolona High School. The Okolona High School Class of 2014 saw 40 students participate in commencement exercises on Faulkner-Bowens Football Field in Okolona Friday night, with parents, family and friends cheering each graduate on as they were […]
OKOLONA – LaGrone Pack Sr. died Friday, April 18, 2014, at Gilmore Memorial Hospital in Amory. He was born Dec. 30, 1934, to the late Burdine and Millie LaGrone Pack. He was a graduate of Okolona High School and Okolona Junior College. He received a bachelor’s degree from Stillman College and a masters’s degree from […]
JACKSON – Robert Henry Ford, 82, died Monday, Nov. 11, 2013, at Harmony Court Assisted Living in Jackson. He was born July 26, 1931, in Gholson to James Thomas Ford and Mary Alice Strength Ford. He was retired from the Army and was a Korean War veteran. A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. […]
HOUSTON – Help is always appreciated but aldermen want anyone working security at community events to be licensed and insured. The Houston Board of Aldermen were approached by Terrance Ford, of Str8 (straight), seeking to provide the city with security at public gatherings and community events to free-up police to continue patrols of city neighborhoods […]
OKOLONA – Annie Louise Ford Millard, 88, of California, formerly of Okolona, died Sunday, July 7, 2013, in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
by David Helms Pontotoc Progress Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said that a manhunt is underway for a Pontotoc County Jail prisoner who left a work detail around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday while picking up trash near Faulkner Road in eastern Pontotoc County. Sheriff Mask said that authorities are looking for Brooks Sneed, 32, of Highway […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...