When you walk in the door at Earp’s Barber Shop it is easy to understand you are in place tailored to cut men’s hair. “All I do is cut hair,” said Jim Earp, who has been trimming men’s manes in Houston for 39 years. “I’ve been in this location the last 10 of those years. […]
Tag Archives | focus
Making things that make people smile is at the heart of Joyce Clark’s work. Clark has owned Clark’s Parish Street Florist for 13 years and has made the arrangements and gifts and then delivered them to her customers and friends around the community. “I love my work and it can be hectic because we work […]
She is known as Miss Sara and nothing gives her more joy than putting pretty girls in pretty dresses. Sara Hampton has been making, selling and renting gowns and dresses in at Sara’s Fabric in Houston for the past 32 years. “I used to make dresses but we’ve gotten away from that,” said Hampton. “I […]
Harley Langley is quick to say his job is not easy but it is immensely rewarding and helping families through some of their darkest days is the goal of Southern Funeral Home Chapel. “I grew up in Houston and graduated from Houston High School in 1949,” said Langley. “I know most of the people around […]
Local Focus! Locally owned businesses serving the local community Watkin Having the resources of a large firm linked with hometown people you know and trust are what makes Watkins, Ward & Stafford of Houston successful. Certified Public Accountants Jason D. Brooks and Romona T. Walls are Houston residents who know the needs […]
Pain steals the joy from life, but Rutherford Chiropractic Neurology Center offers treatments and procedures that can often provide relief. Opening his offices in Houston last summer, Dr. Joseph L. Rutherford, a chiropractic neurologist, brought 12-years of experience and the latest technique to the red brick building in downtown Houston. “As a 10-year-old I had […]
Lonnie Whitt knows his work will last longer than just about any in this community, so that is why he does it right the first time. “We also realize this is a difficult time in the lives of our customers,” said Whitt, owner of Houston Monument. “We do our best to provide a high quality […]
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...