When you walk in the door at Earp’s Barber Shop it is easy to understand you are in place tailored to cut men’s hair. “All I do is cut hair,” said Jim Earp, who has been trimming men’s manes in Houston for 39 years. “I’ve been in this location the last 10 of those years. […]
Tag Archives | focus
Making things that make people smile is at the heart of Joyce Clark’s work. Clark has owned Clark’s Parish Street Florist for 13 years and has made the arrangements and gifts and then delivered them to her customers and friends around the community. “I love my work and it can be hectic because we work […]
She is known as Miss Sara and nothing gives her more joy than putting pretty girls in pretty dresses. Sara Hampton has been making, selling and renting gowns and dresses in at Sara’s Fabric in Houston for the past 32 years. “I used to make dresses but we’ve gotten away from that,” said Hampton. “I […]
Harley Langley is quick to say his job is not easy but it is immensely rewarding and helping families through some of their darkest days is the goal of Southern Funeral Home Chapel. “I grew up in Houston and graduated from Houston High School in 1949,” said Langley. “I know most of the people around […]
Local Focus! Locally owned businesses serving the local community Watkin Having the resources of a large firm linked with hometown people you know and trust are what makes Watkins, Ward & Stafford of Houston successful. Certified Public Accountants Jason D. Brooks and Romona T. Walls are Houston residents who know the needs […]
Pain steals the joy from life, but Rutherford Chiropractic Neurology Center offers treatments and procedures that can often provide relief. Opening his offices in Houston last summer, Dr. Joseph L. Rutherford, a chiropractic neurologist, brought 12-years of experience and the latest technique to the red brick building in downtown Houston. “As a 10-year-old I had […]
Lonnie Whitt knows his work will last longer than just about any in this community, so that is why he does it right the first time. “We also realize this is a difficult time in the lives of our customers,” said Whitt, owner of Houston Monument. “We do our best to provide a high quality […]
- DAR honors Marsh with history award March 2, 2014
- EDITORIAL: School Consolidation March 6, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 6, 2014
- Lady Eagles wrap in Overall March 6, 2014
- Dale Weeks March 6, 2014
- Big Bass! March 8, 2014
- Spring forward! March 8, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...