HOUSTON – It’s older than just about everybody in Northeast Mississippi, but it will be rolling and going and tooting its whistle at the Flywheel Festival this fall. The Ole Timers donated funds to the Mississippi Valley Flywheel Association last week to repair the 1923 Keck-Gonnerman steam engine at Joe Brigance Park and Massey Boiler […]
Tag Archives | Flywheel
HOUSTON – After more than three decades, organizers of the Flywheel Festival have found what people like but are constantly adding something new to every gathering. The 32nd Annual Fall Flywheel Festival will be held Sept. 27-28 at Joe Brigance Park in Houston and offers two full days of food, fun, entertainment and flywheels. […]
I turned the corner Friday morning on the way to work and spotted the Flags on the Courthouse Square. Just a moment watching dozens of grand ole red-white-and-blue slowly move in the morning breeze made my day. I hope there were others who drove by and were also filled with pride and appreciation for […]
HOUSTON – Perfect weather, quality entertainment and of course plenty of tractors and flywheels made for record crowds at the 32nd Annual Mississippi Valley Flywheel Association Flywheel Festival this weekend. The threat of rain had event organizers concerned about the turnout, but Friday’s fish fry and music pulled thousands to Joe Brigance Park. Saturday started […]
HOUSTON – On your mark, get set, help your friends and neighbors. The semi-annual Pink Ribbon 5K will be held Saturday in conjunction with the Spring Flywheel Festival and offers exercise enthusiasts an opportunity to compete for a good cause. The event is sponsored by Team Hope Houston to raise money to assist those affected […]
HOUSTON – A dream that began more than 30 years ago opens its doors to Chickasaw County Saturday. The Chickasaw County Genealogical and Historical Society hosted a two-hour preview of the Chickasaw Museum in Joe Brigance Park last week, in preparation for the crowds they expect at Saturday’s Flywheel Festival. “We really are proud of […]
Houston’s Flywheel Festival unfolds Friday and Saturday with lots of food, fun and quality entertainment. The 32nd annual Mississippi Valley Flywheel Spring Festival will be held April 26-27 in Joe Brigance Park and kicks off with a boom at the anvil shoot at 11 a.m. “We started doing the anvil shoot not long after the […]
HOUSTON – Lots of folks around know how to drive a tractor but Flywheel Festival organizers are looking for the very best. The 32nd Annual Flywheel Festival will be held April 26-27 at Joe Brigance Park and plans are to host a tractor driving competition on Friday night. “The festival is all about flywheels and […]
HOUSTON — Saxophone legend and Calhoun County native Ace Cannon will headline the Flywheel Festival in Houston and the nationally known musician is expected to draw a crowd to this year’s spring event. Cannon was inducted into both the Rock and Soul Hall of Fame and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame in 2000. In 2008, […]
HOUSTON – Record crowds at the spring Houston Flywheel Festival in 2012 have event organizers hoping for a strong second act in April. Last year the spring show saw over 4,000 people pack Joe Brigance Park for two days of food, fun and entertainment and the call has gone out this week seeking vendors for […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Unusually high absentee voting activity reported July 28, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...