HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Alderman heard from two reisdents registering complaints about city employees during the July 1 meeting. Leonard Gillespie of Houston addressed the board saying he feels as though he is being harassed by a police officer. Gillepsie said a Houston policeman has at times parked across the street from his […]
Tag Archives | Flywheel Festival
HOUSTON – The Houston PLUS Civitan Club is headed into the summer season of service and is urging the community help them help others in Chickasaw County. “We’ve got our fishing rodeo with the local bass club set for June that is also a community service project for kids and we are selling onions as […]
HOUSTON – The food fun for this weekend’s Flywheel Festival starts Friday with a the Taste of Houston. Sponsored by the Chickasaw Development Foundation the event will see local merchants bring their wares and something good to eat to the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center at 11 a.m. Friday. Tickets to the event […]
Do you like making a dollar? That’s a question every American can truthfully answer without one bit of guilt or shame. This country and this community was founded by capitalist who spotted an opportunity, put the wheels in motion and carried the proceeds from their labor to the bank. That opportunity come to Houston this […]
Two big community events took place this weekend in Chickasaw County. Okolona hosted the Battle of Okolona on the 150th Anniversary of this historic Civil War engagement. The Houston Community Theatre hosted “Hello, Dolly,” the ninth production for this local acting troupe. Both events drew people to their respective communities and both events showed we […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation came before the Houston Board of Aldermen with their hat in their hand but also a smile on their face and a long list of accomplishments in 2013 last week. CDF approached the Houston Board of Aldermen seeking funding for 2014 and a change in the way revenue is […]
It’s not too late to have fun and run. The annual 5K run/walk sponsored by the New Century Club of Houston and coinciding with the Fall Flywheel Festival will be held Saturday at the Kid’s Park in Houston. Pre-registration is $15 while race day registration is $20. Both include a T-shirt. Pre-registration must […]
I saw a sign recently in a Tupelo dress store that said, “Thin may be in, but fats’ where it’s at.” There seems to be a trend to a more “healthy” look among fashion conscious females. I hope that trend applies to today’s Chickasaw Journal. You hold in your hand one big fat paper filled […]
HOUSTON – After more than three decades, organizers of the Flywheel Festival have found what people like but are constantly adding something new to every gathering. The 32nd Annual Fall Flywheel Festival will be held Sept. 27-28 at Joe Brigance Park in Houston and offers two full days of food, fun, entertainment and flywheels. […]
- Okolona briefed on Trace Regional changes August 25, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...