HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Alderman heard from two reisdents registering complaints about city employees during the July 1 meeting. Leonard Gillespie of Houston addressed the board saying he feels as though he is being harassed by a police officer. Gillepsie said a Houston policeman has at times parked across the street from his […]
Tag Archives | Flywheel Festival
HOUSTON – The Houston PLUS Civitan Club is headed into the summer season of service and is urging the community help them help others in Chickasaw County. “We’ve got our fishing rodeo with the local bass club set for June that is also a community service project for kids and we are selling onions as […]
HOUSTON – The food fun for this weekend’s Flywheel Festival starts Friday with a the Taste of Houston. Sponsored by the Chickasaw Development Foundation the event will see local merchants bring their wares and something good to eat to the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center at 11 a.m. Friday. Tickets to the event […]
Do you like making a dollar? That’s a question every American can truthfully answer without one bit of guilt or shame. This country and this community was founded by capitalist who spotted an opportunity, put the wheels in motion and carried the proceeds from their labor to the bank. That opportunity come to Houston this […]
Two big community events took place this weekend in Chickasaw County. Okolona hosted the Battle of Okolona on the 150th Anniversary of this historic Civil War engagement. The Houston Community Theatre hosted “Hello, Dolly,” the ninth production for this local acting troupe. Both events drew people to their respective communities and both events showed we […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation came before the Houston Board of Aldermen with their hat in their hand but also a smile on their face and a long list of accomplishments in 2013 last week. CDF approached the Houston Board of Aldermen seeking funding for 2014 and a change in the way revenue is […]
It’s not too late to have fun and run. The annual 5K run/walk sponsored by the New Century Club of Houston and coinciding with the Fall Flywheel Festival will be held Saturday at the Kid’s Park in Houston. Pre-registration is $15 while race day registration is $20. Both include a T-shirt. Pre-registration must […]
I saw a sign recently in a Tupelo dress store that said, “Thin may be in, but fats’ where it’s at.” There seems to be a trend to a more “healthy” look among fashion conscious females. I hope that trend applies to today’s Chickasaw Journal. You hold in your hand one big fat paper filled […]
HOUSTON – After more than three decades, organizers of the Flywheel Festival have found what people like but are constantly adding something new to every gathering. The 32nd Annual Fall Flywheel Festival will be held Sept. 27-28 at Joe Brigance Park in Houston and offers two full days of food, fun, entertainment and flywheels. […]
- Trustees consider search consultant January 22, 2015
- Houston ponders tourism tax January 26, 2015
- Comer is chairman of ICC Trustees January 26, 2015
- Battle of Okolona re-enactment set January 27, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...