HOUSTON – On Saturday night it will be all about hometown Houston. The annual Houston Homecoming celebration gets underway Saturday afternoon offering live music, food, children’s games and an opportunity for community fellowship. The Houston Homecoming Committee has handed out red-white-and-blue buntings to businesses downtown and asked them to put them up to get the […]
Tag Archives | Floyd Ingram
As downtowns in many small communities slowly dry up, we want to encourage people to look at our downtown area and recognize how fortunate Houston is. The Courthouse Square was designed and built before all of us were born. The idea was to put a grand structure in the center of town that would be […]
I’m not from Houston, but I got here as quick as I could. One of the first events my family and I attended when we moved to Houston three years ago was Homecoming 2010. It was loads of fun and sparked a love for this community that continues to grow. Pizza, pickles, popcorn and snowcones […]
Sara and I celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary on Tuesday. That may not seem like much to the Golden Anniversary crowd but we are sort of proud of our 25-year mark. We went out to eat and there was a gift. Marriage and age have changed us, but she is still the most special human […]
TUPELO – Jobs, education and leadership were the top issues discussed at Friday’s State of the Region Meeting that saw movers and shaker from across the area brought together at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. This was the 17th annual meeting for the organization – presented by CREATE Foundation’s Commission on the Future of Northeast Mississippi […]
by Leslie Criss NEMS Daily Journal It was 1967, and our smal l-town Mississippi lives seemed peaceful, though we were in the midst of a war in a place called Vietnam. Our days were divided, unevenly, between learning in classrooms and playing hard during recess. At night, we watched family-friendly TV, some of us still […]
National numbers show the teen birth rate dropping dramatically around the country, but not so in Chickasaw County. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention report released last week said the teen birth rate has dropped 30- to 40-percent in some parts of the country. Mississippi and Arkansas continue to lead the nation with a […]
- Houlka/Okolona consolidation bill dies February 28, 2014
- LOCAL FOCUS: Rutherford Chiropractic March 5, 2014
- Spring Forward! March 5, 2014
- A helping hand March 5, 2014
- Lady Toppers win in tourney March 5, 2014
- The sports cycle March 6, 2014
- Man convicted of killing cyclist dies in prison March 6, 2014
- Player of the Week March 6, 2014
- Virginia Dopson March 6, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: A dog named Sunday March 6, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...