By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal Zula Criddle Warnick, 109, passed away Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at Floy Dyer Nursing Home in Houston. She was born Feb. 16, 1906 in Chickasaw county to James Madison Criddle and Emma Ella Smith Criddle. She was the oldest resident of Chickasaw County and on her birthday, she was […]
Tag Archives | Floy Dyer
HOUSTON – She may not be Mississippi’s oldest resident, but she holds the record in Chickasaw County. Zula Warnick celebrated her 109th birthday Monday and was treated to a party by the residents of Floyd Dyer Manor where she lives. Family had gathered on Sunday for a private party, but left plenty of cake and […]
HOUSTON – When seventeen year old Benny Floy Edwards was married to a young Edmond Franklin Dyer in 1909, she would never have dreamed her name would one day grace a ‘home away from home’ for senior citizens as it does today in Houston. The Dyers’ road had a couple of stops along the route […]
MANTEE – Sara Sue “Mama Sue” Scott Harrington, 96, died Wednesday, June 4, 2014, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston.She was born Dec. 12, 1917, in Mantee to Robert Oliver Scott and Ethel Dale Stevens Scott. She was a homemaker and a member of Mantee Baptist Church.Services are Thursday, June 5, at 3 p.m. at […]
HOUSTON – The Houston PLUS Civitan Club is headed into the summer season of service and is urging the community help them help others in Chickasaw County. “We’ve got our fishing rodeo with the local bass club set for June that is also a community service project for kids and we are selling onions as […]
By Parashay Hamilton Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – HOSA is an organization that teaches students the basic fundamentals of medicine and nursing through competitive events and, advised by Esther Earnest, HOSA students at Houston High School have contributed greatly to the community this year. Students in HOSA helped with the Tangle Foot Trail race and also […]
HOUSTON – She may not be Mississippi’s oldest resident, but she holds the record in Chickasaw County. Zula Warnick celebrated her 108th birthday Sunday and was treated to a party on Valentine’s Day that saw Houston Mayor Stacey Parker present her with a special proclamation, a box of chocolates and 11 roses. “You may […]
By Omega Blanton HOUSTON – No drum rolls, no clash of cymbals, no resplendent strains of “Pomp and Circumstance” rang through the halls of Floy Dyer Manor on Friday, April 29, 2013, as four Houston High School graduates entered room 440 at 3 p.m. to receive their “Legacy of Love” scholarships in the amount of […]
HOUSTON – Estelle Pulliam Brownlee, 90, died Sunday, June 2, 2013, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 8, at Center Hill M.B. Church in Houston. Burial will be in Gibbs Cemetery in Houston. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from […]
- EDITORIAL: Let’s go to work! June 25, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May a finalist July 2, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Lines of Liberty July 2, 2015
- Supervisors ponder MDOC moves July 2, 2015
- Houston, Okolona airport improvements funded July 1, 2015
- Local talent attends ICC camp June 30, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...