HOUSTON – She may not be Mississippi’s oldest resident, but she holds the record in Chickasaw County. Zula Warnick celebrated her 109th birthday Monday and was treated to a party by the residents of Floyd Dyer Manor where she lives. Family had gathered on Sunday for a private party, but left plenty of cake and […]
Tag Archives | Floy Dyer
HOUSTON – When seventeen year old Benny Floy Edwards was married to a young Edmond Franklin Dyer in 1909, she would never have dreamed her name would one day grace a ‘home away from home’ for senior citizens as it does today in Houston. The Dyers’ road had a couple of stops along the route […]
MANTEE – Sara Sue “Mama Sue” Scott Harrington, 96, died Wednesday, June 4, 2014, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston.She was born Dec. 12, 1917, in Mantee to Robert Oliver Scott and Ethel Dale Stevens Scott. She was a homemaker and a member of Mantee Baptist Church.Services are Thursday, June 5, at 3 p.m. at […]
HOUSTON – The Houston PLUS Civitan Club is headed into the summer season of service and is urging the community help them help others in Chickasaw County. “We’ve got our fishing rodeo with the local bass club set for June that is also a community service project for kids and we are selling onions as […]
By Parashay Hamilton Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – HOSA is an organization that teaches students the basic fundamentals of medicine and nursing through competitive events and, advised by Esther Earnest, HOSA students at Houston High School have contributed greatly to the community this year. Students in HOSA helped with the Tangle Foot Trail race and also […]
HOUSTON – She may not be Mississippi’s oldest resident, but she holds the record in Chickasaw County. Zula Warnick celebrated her 108th birthday Sunday and was treated to a party on Valentine’s Day that saw Houston Mayor Stacey Parker present her with a special proclamation, a box of chocolates and 11 roses. “You may […]
By Omega Blanton HOUSTON – No drum rolls, no clash of cymbals, no resplendent strains of “Pomp and Circumstance” rang through the halls of Floy Dyer Manor on Friday, April 29, 2013, as four Houston High School graduates entered room 440 at 3 p.m. to receive their “Legacy of Love” scholarships in the amount of […]
HOUSTON – Estelle Pulliam Brownlee, 90, died Sunday, June 2, 2013, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 8, at Center Hill M.B. Church in Houston. Burial will be in Gibbs Cemetery in Houston. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston tourism tax vote set for Aug. 11 May 18, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...