Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – On May 22, the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) stocked Florida-strain largemouth bass fingerlings into two Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway (TTW) lakes. Aberdeen Lake received approximately 48,000, and 25,000 were stocked into Lock C near Fulton. “Florida-strain largemouth bass are typically more aggressive, grow faster, and […]
Tag Archives | Florida
ABERDEEN – On May 22, the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) stocked approximately 2,500 Florida-strain largemouth bass into Lake Monroe near Aberdeen. “Florida-strain largemouth bass are typically more aggressive, and grow faster than the northern strain largemouth bass,” says MDWFP Fisheries Biologist Tyler Stubbs. “Stocking rates were decreased to help promote […]
STUART, Fla. – Colleen McVey Byrne passed away peacefully Sunday, March 30, 2014, at her home in Stuart, Fla. She was born in Chicago in 1927 to Thomas and May McVey. She married Thomas A. Byrne in 1951 and they settled in Springfield, where they reared their family, adopting five children. They retired to Stuart, […]
HOUSTON – Julia Acenith Bowles, 90, died Friday, Dec. 20, 2013, at Floy Dyer Nursing Home in Houston. She was born Sept. 22, 1923, in Houston to Clarence Farr Bowles Sr. and Julia Acenith Gilliam Bowles. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Houston since 1937. She was a retired Librarian […]
HOUSTON – Thirty-seven graduates of Houston High School received their diploma in 1949 and while life has carried them far away, their heart still calls them home once a year. The Class of 1949 celebrated their 63rd annual reunion recently with the group gathering at Bridges-Hall manor in Houston to catch up on family news […]
FORT MYERS, Fla. – Claude Elon “Tommy” Thomas, 95, died Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, at his home. A husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather, he was born in Houlka on Oct. 28, 1917, the son of Claude E. Thomas Sr. and Clara Brown. He attended Drawn Business College in Memphis until World War II was declared. […]
From staff and wire reports CHICKASAW COUNTY — A Houston man who walked away from a Pontotoc County inmate workcrew two weeks ago has been apprehended in Ocala, Florida. Brooks Sneed, 32, also known as Gary Sneed, was arrested as a probation violator in central Florida on Saturday, May 18. Sneed’s vehicle had broken […]
- Florida largemouth bass stocked into Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway lakes June 24, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Truth inside the culture war June 27, 2015
- First National Bank changes name to First Choice Bank June 27, 2015
- TERRI TURNER: 2015 Woman Of The Year June 28, 2015
- JAMES MEYERS: 2015 Man Of The Year June 28, 2015
- Local talent attends ICC camp June 30, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...