HOUSTON – Alligators have their place in this world, but not on the side of the highway in Anchor. The Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks was called to a ditch running under Highway 15 south of Houston Tuesday afternoon after a big alligator was spotted basking on the east side of the highway. […]
Tag Archives | Fish
Houston Topper Pride Band will host a Seafood Junction dinner Feb. 7 as a fund raising event for the band programs. The cost is $12 per plate for fish or chicken, with fries, slaw and hush puppies. Meals are take-out only. Plates will be available at the Houston Middle School cafeteria. Advance tickets can be […]
Campers and fishermen have an extra venue open this winter as the Davis Lake Recreation Area has extended its season from Dec. 2 through Feb. 28. The lake and campgrounds were previously closed in late fall and re-opened in March, but this year the decision was made to keep the facility open. Recreation Project Manager, […]
HOUSTON – They will tell you everything at Moore’s Restaurant, except what is in Moore’s Marinade. A hometown eatery since 1951, Moore’s Restaurant is known for cooking family food for . . . well, family and friends. “We know just about everyone who comes in the door,” said Julie Hollingsworth, restaurant manager. “I’m serious when […]
HOULKA – Aubrey Wayne Moss, 76, died Monday, March 11, 2013, at his home. He was born Jan. 26, 1937, in Chickasaw County to Barney and Inez Moss. A hard worker, he was a carpenter and owned a furniture factory in Chickasaw County. He loved music and enjoyed playing his fiddle. He also enjoyed fishing […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Houston Band Boosters will host their annual fish fry fundraiser on March 8 and is asking the community to purchase their tickets as soon as possible. The Friday night event will see Seafood Junction once again cook up to-go plates at Houston Middle School from 4 […]
HOUSTON – There is only one thing better than hunting Mississippi woods and that is eating what comes out of them. Parkway Baptist Church hosted its Annual Wildgame Supper Saturday night with more than 130 men and boys in attendance to enjoy the bounty of the hunting and fishing season, hear an inspirational message from […]
By Kevin Tate Special to the Journal DAVIS LAKE — When Jeff Foster set the hook on his only strike of the day last Friday, he had no idea the biggest bass of his lifetime was at the other end of the line. “It felt like I’d hooked the bottom of the lake and pulled […]
- DAR honors Marsh with history award March 2, 2014
- EDITORIAL: School Consolidation March 6, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 6, 2014
- Lady Eagles wrap in Overall March 6, 2014
- Dale Weeks March 6, 2014
- Big Bass! March 8, 2014
- Spring forward! March 8, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...