We have a new dog at our house. She was found at First Baptist Church Sunday morning. She’s a husky/Irish setter/spaniel/collie/German shepherd/pitbull/terrier/golden retriever mix according to the canine experts at FBC. She looks like a long-haired, yellow dog to me. I’m used to turning down the boys’ request for pets. Tarantulas, iguanas, birds, white mice, […]
Tag Archives | First Baptist
HOUSTON – Boys from first grade through age 10 can find entertaining and educational activities every week at the Scout Hut in Houston. Cub Scout Master, Greg Simmons, said currently there are two packs of Scouts and enrollment is still open for 2014. Simmons has a history in Scouting and is ready to share it […]
• First Baptist Church Houston will host its annual Singing Christmas Tree at 6:30 on Dec. 14 and 15. The music will be performed by Kantangello and the Kidz Praise Choirs. • The Parkway Baptist Sanctuary Choir will perform the Christmas musical/drama, “The Christmas Offering,” at 10:15 a.m, Dec. 15. • Houston First United Methodist Church […]
VARDAMAN – Isabel Alejandra Razo, 7, died Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013. She was born Dec. 28, 2005, in Amory. She was member of Vardaman First Baptist Church and a student at Vardaman Elementary School. She accepted Christ during VBS this summer and was baptized in August. Services will be 4 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18, at […]
HOUSTON – These kids rode around and around and around and around and around the parking lot and they raised over $6,000 to help kids just like them. Houston First Baptist Church hosted its annual St. Jude Trike-A-Thon Wednesday morning with 63 kids peddling laps on the parking lot on bicycles, tricycles, Big-Wheels and scooters. […]
WEST POINT – James Robert Bagwell, 66, passed away, Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born June 7, 1947, in Monroe County, the son of the late James William Bagwell and Margaret Stanford Bagwell McGraw. He was a member of First Baptist Church in West Point. He […]
WEST POINT – Harrel Edward Hill Jr., 58, passed away on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in Columbus. He was born March 1, 1955, in Woodland to Louise Hamby Hill and Harrel Edward Hill Sr. He served as a minister of music for 38 years. He was a member of First […]
TUPELO – Mary Bell Teasley, 95, died Friday, Sept. 13, 2013, at the Mitchell Center of United Methodist Senior Services, where she had resided for the last few years. She was born on Oct. 16, l917, in Martin, Tenn., to Romie Hayden Jones and Ada Hendrix Jones She lived in West Point for well over […]
BRUCE – Syble Massey Brasher, 89, died Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. She was born July 6, 1924, in Merigold. She was a homemaker and a member of Bruce First Baptist Church. She was a graduate of Bruce High School Class of 1938, and she attended Jackson Commercial College. […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says he is moving his family back to his native Chickasaw County and opening “a little, one-man office” on the square in Houston where he will perform his official duties. Hood said he would work in Jackson some of most weeks, […]
HOUSTON – Robin Mathis will be the first to say Houston has been good to him. Mathis and his brother co-founded WCPC radio station in 1955 and though he sold the station several years ago, Mathis, 83, still shows up at the red-brick building on old Highway 15 in Houston five days a week. “Radio […]
OKOLONA – Nancy Hays Fondren, 86, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at her home in Okolona. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, June 21, at the First Baptist Church in Okolona. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors. A full obituary will be released […]
- Houlka/Okolona consolidation bill dies February 28, 2014
- LOCAL FOCUS: Rutherford Chiropractic March 5, 2014
- Spring Forward! March 5, 2014
- A helping hand March 5, 2014
- Lady Toppers win in tourney March 5, 2014
- The sports cycle March 6, 2014
- Man convicted of killing cyclist dies in prison March 6, 2014
- Player of the Week March 6, 2014
- Virginia Dopson March 6, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: A dog named Sunday March 6, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...