TUPELO – Aline McFarland Cunningham, 87, died Monday, May 19, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice in Tupelo. She was formally of Houston. She was born April 25, 1927, in Orange County, Texas, to Jay Hugh Davis McFarland and May Maddy McFarland. She was a homemaker. She was a member of First Baptist Church, […]
Tag Archives | First Baptist
The Chickasaw Development Foundation will host Live in the Park Thursday with the First Baptist Church Katangalo Choir and Handbells slated to perform. Entertainment will be from 5 to 6 p.m. in the Houston City Hall Mini-Park. The community is urged to visit downtown businesses and downtown businesses are being urged to offer special sales […]
CALHOUN CITY – Arlene Genet Hodges Barton, 79, died Saturday, March 15, 2014, at Hermitage Gardens in Oxford. She was born Nov. 13, 1935, in Bentley to William Hodges and Arlene Christopher. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Calhoun City. She is survived by her husband, Glenn Barton of Oxford; sons, Tommy […]
We have a new dog at our house. She was found at First Baptist Church Sunday morning. She’s a husky/Irish setter/spaniel/collie/German shepherd/pitbull/terrier/golden retriever mix according to the canine experts at FBC. She looks like a long-haired, yellow dog to me. I’m used to turning down the boys’ request for pets. Tarantulas, iguanas, birds, white mice, […]
HOUSTON – Boys from first grade through age 10 can find entertaining and educational activities every week at the Scout Hut in Houston. Cub Scout Master, Greg Simmons, said currently there are two packs of Scouts and enrollment is still open for 2014. Simmons has a history in Scouting and is ready to share it […]
• First Baptist Church Houston will host its annual Singing Christmas Tree at 6:30 on Dec. 14 and 15. The music will be performed by Kantangello and the Kidz Praise Choirs. • The Parkway Baptist Sanctuary Choir will perform the Christmas musical/drama, “The Christmas Offering,” at 10:15 a.m, Dec. 15. • Houston First United Methodist Church […]
VARDAMAN – Isabel Alejandra Razo, 7, died Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013. She was born Dec. 28, 2005, in Amory. She was member of Vardaman First Baptist Church and a student at Vardaman Elementary School. She accepted Christ during VBS this summer and was baptized in August. Services will be 4 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18, at […]
HOUSTON – These kids rode around and around and around and around and around the parking lot and they raised over $6,000 to help kids just like them. Houston First Baptist Church hosted its annual St. Jude Trike-A-Thon Wednesday morning with 63 kids peddling laps on the parking lot on bicycles, tricycles, Big-Wheels and scooters. […]
WEST POINT – James Robert Bagwell, 66, passed away, Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born June 7, 1947, in Monroe County, the son of the late James William Bagwell and Margaret Stanford Bagwell McGraw. He was a member of First Baptist Church in West Point. He […]
WEST POINT – Harrel Edward Hill Jr., 58, passed away on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in Columbus. He was born March 1, 1955, in Woodland to Louise Hamby Hill and Harrel Edward Hill Sr. He served as a minister of music for 38 years. He was a member of First […]
TUPELO – Mary Bell Teasley, 95, died Friday, Sept. 13, 2013, at the Mitchell Center of United Methodist Senior Services, where she had resided for the last few years. She was born on Oct. 16, l917, in Martin, Tenn., to Romie Hayden Jones and Ada Hendrix Jones She lived in West Point for well over […]
BRUCE – Syble Massey Brasher, 89, died Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. She was born July 6, 1924, in Merigold. She was a homemaker and a member of Bruce First Baptist Church. She was a graduate of Bruce High School Class of 1938, and she attended Jackson Commercial College. […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says he is moving his family back to his native Chickasaw County and opening “a little, one-man office” on the square in Houston where he will perform his official duties. Hood said he would work in Jackson some of most weeks, […]
HOUSTON – Robin Mathis will be the first to say Houston has been good to him. Mathis and his brother co-founded WCPC radio station in 1955 and though he sold the station several years ago, Mathis, 83, still shows up at the red-brick building on old Highway 15 in Houston five days a week. “Radio […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- BIRTH: Reagan Brooke Murphree September 13, 2014
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- BATTLE OF THE CREEK: Oldtimers remember September 14, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- Houston WalMart target of bomb scare September 17, 2014
- Liquor defeated, beer apparently approved in Pontotoc September 17, 2014
- ICC Adult Learner scholars September 16, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...