The Commission on Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks approved high noon Friday, Sept. 4 as the opening day for dove season in Mississippi. The 2015-2016 early hunting seasons for migratory game birds was set by the Commission during its monthly meeting on June 10. These early seasons include resident Canada geese, early teal, snipe, woodcock, […]
Tag Archives | firearm
HOUSTON – The Houston Police Department arrested three people on shoplifting charges after they allegedly took items from three local businesses last week. Glenda Cooperwood, 54, Thomasine Cooperwood, 24 and Valencia Echols, 26, all of Cedar Bluff were arrested in the parking lot of Dollar General and charged with shoplifting. “They stole steaks and […]
Monroe Journal The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit arrested seven individuals Wednesday resulting from traffic stops. • Michael Langley, 44, of Mooreville, was stopped on Highway 278 and charged with possession of a controlled substance. • April Dawn Roye, 30, of Houlka, was charged with possession of a controlled substance after being stopped on […]
Officials with the Itawamba County Sheriff’s Department have released a list of 19 suspects arrested as part of a roundup of people indicted through the Itawamba County Grand Jury. Suspects and their charges included: Henry Ashby – sale of cocaine Elvis Blankenship – conspiracy to sell methamphetamine; sale of methamphetamine; and possession of methamphetamine Beau […]
OKOLONA – The April term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court had 65 cases set on the docket with drug cases and appeals from Justice Court and Okolona Municipal Court dominating the list. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth were slated to hear cases this term, accept guilty pleas and assign […]
Daily Journal Five people have been arrested and a large-scale cocaine distribution ring in Northeast Mississippi has been dismantled, authorities said Tuesday. Samuel W. Owens, interim Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics Director, expects to make more arrests in the case. Law enforcement officers simultaneously served nine search warrants February 1, leading to the arrests in connection […]
HOUSTON – Help is always appreciated but aldermen want anyone working security at community events to be licensed and insured. The Houston Board of Aldermen were approached by Terrance Ford, of Str8 (straight), seeking to provide the city with security at public gatherings and community events to free-up police to continue patrols of city neighborhoods […]
HOUSTON – Attorney General Jim Hood has filed a petition requesting the Supreme Court of Mississippi to do away with a restraining order issued by the Hinds County Circuit Court regulating the carrying of weapons. The restraining order was filed late Friday and basically froze the enactment of the State’s new open carry law, known […]
- Okolona notches academic benchmarks October 2, 2015
- Houston ranked 3rd in State 4A October 7, 2015
- Aberdeen embracing blues with annual Bukka White Blues Festival October 7, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Excellence in all things October 8, 2015
- Houlka teacher waives probable cause hearing October 8, 2015
- Former MSU great Goode dies at 76 October 9, 2015
- WEEK 8: High School Football Capsules October 9, 2015
- McClain invites friends to Troy October 9, 2015
- Signs of history October 9, 2015
- Lady Toppers claim District October 8, 2015
- Gilbie Rivas: Hey ideas - I was enlightened by the info , Does a...
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...