Deer season ends today for the Ingrams. My youngest son James and I will spend the last daylight hours of Jan. 20, 2015, looking for Mr. Buck on the 88-acres of beautiful Mississippi hardwood that we have hunted for the past three years. It snowed this week and the forecast calls for rain today, but […]
Tag Archives | firearm
The Commission on Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks approved high noon Friday, Sept. 4 as the opening day for dove season in Mississippi. The 2015-2016 early hunting seasons for migratory game birds was set by the Commission during its monthly meeting on June 10. These early seasons include resident Canada geese, early teal, snipe, woodcock, […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Police Department arrested three people on shoplifting charges after they allegedly took items from three local businesses last week. Glenda Cooperwood, 54, Thomasine Cooperwood, 24 and Valencia Echols, 26, all of Cedar Bluff were arrested in the parking lot of Dollar General and charged with shoplifting. “They stole steaks and […]
Monroe Journal The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit arrested seven individuals Wednesday resulting from traffic stops. • Michael Langley, 44, of Mooreville, was stopped on Highway 278 and charged with possession of a controlled substance. • April Dawn Roye, 30, of Houlka, was charged with possession of a controlled substance after being stopped on […]
Officials with the Itawamba County Sheriff’s Department have released a list of 19 suspects arrested as part of a roundup of people indicted through the Itawamba County Grand Jury. Suspects and their charges included: Henry Ashby – sale of cocaine Elvis Blankenship – conspiracy to sell methamphetamine; sale of methamphetamine; and possession of methamphetamine Beau […]
OKOLONA – The April term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court had 65 cases set on the docket with drug cases and appeals from Justice Court and Okolona Municipal Court dominating the list. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth were slated to hear cases this term, accept guilty pleas and assign […]
Daily Journal Five people have been arrested and a large-scale cocaine distribution ring in Northeast Mississippi has been dismantled, authorities said Tuesday. Samuel W. Owens, interim Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics Director, expects to make more arrests in the case. Law enforcement officers simultaneously served nine search warrants February 1, leading to the arrests in connection […]
HOUSTON – Help is always appreciated but aldermen want anyone working security at community events to be licensed and insured. The Houston Board of Aldermen were approached by Terrance Ford, of Str8 (straight), seeking to provide the city with security at public gatherings and community events to free-up police to continue patrols of city neighborhoods […]
HOUSTON – Attorney General Jim Hood has filed a petition requesting the Supreme Court of Mississippi to do away with a restraining order issued by the Hinds County Circuit Court regulating the carrying of weapons. The restraining order was filed late Friday and basically froze the enactment of the State’s new open carry law, known […]
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...