HOUSTON – Tia Tee Khao worked frantically as a flower delivery man in Portland, Ore., and one day decided he wanted to smell the roses. “I got on my bike and started riding,” said Khao. “My journey has taken all across the United States. I have met a lot of very good people and learned […]
Tag Archives | Fire Station
HOUSTON – The steel has been put in place and the walls are up for the new fire station in downtown Houston. Workers from MasterCraft Construction, of Booneville, were busy last week bolting steel to a concrete foundation and then putting a metal roof and walls on the 50X52-foot structure. The three-bay metal building will […]
HOUSTON – The foundation has been poured and contractors are looking for a couple of days of good weather to start erecting steel for a new fire station in Houston. Workers were busy last week placing pipe for plumbing, digging footings and pouring concrete for the new 50X52-foot structure. The three-bay metal building will keep […]
Houston alderman Shenia K. Jones will host the fourth annual Back-to-School giveaway for children and youth in the Houston schools July 27 at the Houston Fire Station. School supplies will be available to Houston students from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Proof of residency is required. Jones solicits donations from local businesses and individuals to […]
The sixth annual Houston Fire Academy for Kids is holding registration now for the upcoming camp July 22-26. The camp is open for children and youth ages eight to 13 and there are 30 spots available to parents are encouraged to register early. There is no fee for the four-day camp which is held at […]
HOUSTON – It’s spring and dirtwork at the corner of Jefferson and Harrington streets will soon sprout a new fire station for the city. The Houston Board of Aldermen teamed up with the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors last week and used county equipment to clear and grade the lot just south of the Square […]
We are pleased to see the City of Houston and Chickasaw County working together on the site that will soon house Houston fire trucks. Supervisors loaned a back-hoe and two dump trucks to the city to clean off the corner lot at Harrington and South Jefferson last week. The dirt was then hauled to Joe […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...