HOUSTON – Rick Burgess watched kids straddle a horse for the first time and smile at the 14th Annual Fall Fun and Games day the Chickasaw County Agri-Center. And that made him smile. “I’ve been doing it for that reason since this started,” said Burgess. “It’s not a real big thing in the world of […]
Tag Archives | fire department
CHICKASAW COUNTY – It is October, but a half-dozen local agencies got an early Christmas present with the Mississippi State Extension Service donating more than $100,000 in used computers to the county. The donation is part of an upgrade of the Extension Service’s computers across the region and state and Chickasaw County Extension Agent Scott […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Fire Department averages about 475 calls a year and has answered 417 calls as of Tuesday, with two months left to go. Houston firefighters responded to three major call this week with two of those runs being fire calls and a third a motor vehicle accident. The department also responded to […]
HOUSTON – In the serious business of fighting fires, job one is getting a lot of water on the blaze. Houston, Woodland, Rhodes Chapel, Van Vleet, Thorn and Houlka fire departments held a practice water test Thursday night with the goal of calling in the State Insurance Commission to run a certified test that could […]
BIG CREEK – Robert Calvin “Bobby” Harrison, 67, died Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born Feb. 2, 1946, in Grenada to Calvin Dee Harrison and Julia Brown Harrison. He was a self-employed upholster and a member of Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church. He was a member of the […]
We are pleased to see the City of Houston and Chickasaw County working together on the site that will soon house Houston fire trucks. Supervisors loaned a back-hoe and two dump trucks to the city to clean off the corner lot at Harrington and South Jefferson last week. The dirt was then hauled to Joe […]
SPARTA – Volunteer firefighters at the Sparta substation are now better prepared to assist with medical calls in their coverage area. The addition of an Automated External Defibrillator was made possible through a grant from the Mississippi Emergency Medical Services Operating fund. The grant money is generated by a $5 assessment of fines to assist […]
HOUSTON – The Salvation Kettle campaign relies on volunteers to ring the bells for donations during the holiday season and got a boost this year from two local entities. Chickasaw County fire services and law enforcement challenged each other to see who could raise the most money to help the less fortunate during Christmas and […]
- Mary Walker December 10, 2013
- Primitive weapons season underway December 7, 2013
- Five generations December 7, 2013
- Debra Thompson December 7, 2013
- Bessie Radde December 7, 2013
- Mary Walker December 10, 2013
- Take a bite out of Christmas crime December 10, 2013
- Quail season is open December 10, 2013
- BUCK SHOT: Garrett Benson December 9, 2013
- BUCK SHOT: Tristan Nichols December 9, 2013
- Iggy: I am from the uk and just watching worlds strictes...
- Houlka Homecoming is tonight! | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Look who’s reading now! […]...
- Houlka Homecoming is tonight! | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Houlka gym renovation […]...
- Linda: He does NOT make it right. I ordered beef from him...
- Reed Jones: Greenwood's division record is 5-0....