By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Supervisors were informed of the City of Okolona’s plans to seek federal funding for a massive storm shelter that will double as a civic center at this month’s meeting. Chickasaw County Emergency Management Director Linda Griffin was before the board on other business when […]
Tag Archives | FEMA
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has approved nearly $50,000 in grant requests from Houston, Okolona and Chickasaw County for construction of storm shelters at nine locations, County Emergency Management Agency Director Linda Griffin said this week. Based on a per-shelter capacity of 30 […]
Chickasaw County received notice on April 7, 2014, from the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency that the county’s 2011 disaster application is officially closed. What this means to the citizens of this county is that all the work has been completed and payments and reimbursements have been made. What makes this even more significant is that […]
HOUSTON – There are lots of potential disasters but only so many emergency preparedness dollars. The Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency has joined with state and local emergency preparedness organizations to develop a regional hazard mitigation plan and they want local communities to help them set priorities. “There are only so many state and federal […]
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...