HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County grand jury meets this week to consider evidence that could result in local residents being charged with a felony. Evidence will be presented by the District Attorney Ben Creekmore and local law enforcement to a pool of grand jurors specially chosen for the task of determining if an indictment should […]
Tag Archives | felony
OKOLONA – The April term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court had 65 cases set on the docket with drug cases and appeals from Justice Court and Okolona Municipal Court dominating the list. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth were slated to hear cases this term, accept guilty pleas and assign […]
HOUSTON – The discovery of an abandoned child in Houston Friday night has prompted felony child abuse charges against a local woman. Cora Lynn Watkins, 25, of Houston, has been charged with abandonment of a child under the age of six and felony abuse of a child. Police were waiting Monday for Watkins to be […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen want kids who commit crimes in Houston to be locked up in juvenile detention and then given ankle bracelets – and they are willing to pay to see it done. The Houston Board of Mayor and Alderman met with Chickasaw County Youth Court Judge Richard Bennett Tuesday night and told the […]
HOUSTON – A Circuit Court docket that held 91 cases at the first of 2013 has been whittled down to 63 during the final term of court this year. Judges, attorneys and court personnel were busy in the September term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court, disposing of more than a third of the cases on […]
OKOLONA – The October term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw the docket swell from 73 cases in July to 105 this month in Okolona, with judges disposing of 25 cases. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth accepted 18 guilty pleas, retired five cases to the files, dismissed one case […]
HOUSTON – Judges, attorneys and court personnel were busy in the September term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court, disposing of more than a third of the cases on the docket. There were no jury trials this term with six cases retired to the files and 21 guilty pleas accepted by Circuit Court Judges Andrew Howorth […]
HOUSTON – Drug charges took up just over half of the 70 cases in set for Chickasaw County Circuit Court this week. The docket saw 36 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes of burglary or larceny/embezzlement ranking second with seven cases each. The court calendar also lists six sex-related charges and five […]
HOUSTON – Drug charges take up just under half of the 91 cases in Chickasaw County Circuit Court last week. Court was scheduled to get underway Monday morning and is slated to continue through Friday, March 29 at the Chickasaw County Courthouse. The docket saw 44 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor September 2, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...