HOUSTON – The Houston school board voted last week to reject a bill from an attorney hired by the district to help fix a leaking roof in and who was later dismissed. Trustees rejected the bill from lawyer Bill Murphree and Superintendent Dr. Steve Coker said the decision was made on the grounds the attorney […]
Tag Archives | Fees
I remember the very first traffic ticket it ever got. It was for running a stop sign in West Point one summer day in the mid ’70s. The citation basically said pay $37.50 or show up in court and plead your case. I told my father about it when he got home from work that […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Thousands of dollars in unpaid fines can be found on the Chickasaw County Justice Court docket and they need to be paid. Justice Court judges have pulled 100 convictions with past due fines and will be issuing warrants this week for the arrest of the individual and demanding payment of past due […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors opened the new year with a new idea for collections through Justice Court. Melanie Mayer of nCourt electronic collection service addressed the board about a convenient online method for residents to pay fines, some tickets and fees. Some tickets, including DUI tickets, require a court appearance and […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board was updated in executive session on litigation involving its roof at the School of Science and Technology, but lawyers were tight-lipped about details of the case. On a motion by Trustee Carol Byrne the board entered executive session for roughly 15 minutes with Tupelo attorney Bill Murphree meeting with […]
Most of us have probably “run afoul of the law” and been given a citation that we were required to pay or hauled into court and justice served with a more hefty fee and fine. The good folks of this world, admit their blunder, promise the judge they will be more careful and pay their […]
HOULKA – Court fees and fines that are owed need to be paid. The City of New Houlka is notifying people who owe a court fine or fee that they need to pay up or they could face additional charges and additional fees and fines. Houlka Police Chief Ray Laney has sent out several hundred […]
- High school state test scores released November 18, 2015
- WEEK 14: High School Football Capsules November 20, 2015
- Topper hoopers fall to Bulldogs November 20, 2015
- Judgment and experience November 21, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- MSU Alumni Association announces 2015-16 student delegates, officers November 25, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....