HOUSTON – The Houston school board voted last week to reject a bill from an attorney hired by the district to help fix a leaking roof in and who was later dismissed. Trustees rejected the bill from lawyer Bill Murphree and Superintendent Dr. Steve Coker said the decision was made on the grounds the attorney […]
Tag Archives | Fees
I remember the very first traffic ticket it ever got. It was for running a stop sign in West Point one summer day in the mid ’70s. The citation basically said pay $37.50 or show up in court and plead your case. I told my father about it when he got home from work that […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Thousands of dollars in unpaid fines can be found on the Chickasaw County Justice Court docket and they need to be paid. Justice Court judges have pulled 100 convictions with past due fines and will be issuing warrants this week for the arrest of the individual and demanding payment of past due […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors opened the new year with a new idea for collections through Justice Court. Melanie Mayer of nCourt electronic collection service addressed the board about a convenient online method for residents to pay fines, some tickets and fees. Some tickets, including DUI tickets, require a court appearance and […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board was updated in executive session on litigation involving its roof at the School of Science and Technology, but lawyers were tight-lipped about details of the case. On a motion by Trustee Carol Byrne the board entered executive session for roughly 15 minutes with Tupelo attorney Bill Murphree meeting with […]
Most of us have probably “run afoul of the law” and been given a citation that we were required to pay or hauled into court and justice served with a more hefty fee and fine. The good folks of this world, admit their blunder, promise the judge they will be more careful and pay their […]
HOULKA – Court fees and fines that are owed need to be paid. The City of New Houlka is notifying people who owe a court fine or fee that they need to pay up or they could face additional charges and additional fees and fines. Houlka Police Chief Ray Laney has sent out several hundred […]
- Process of returning stolen property is detailed. April 20, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- Candidates cautioned on placing signs April 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Presidential politics for 2016 April 26, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...