BRUCE – A Bruce man was killed Wednesday after being struck by a vehicle about 7:30 p.m.. Gary D. Gann, 25, of Bruce, was walking east on Highway 32 when an east-bound Jeep Laredo, driven by a 17-year-old male from Bruce, struck him. Gann was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Jeep […]
Tag Archives | fatal
VARDAMAN – Three children were killed in an early morning fire in Vardaman Saturday. The children, 7-year-old twins Yobani and Isabel Razo and 9-year-old Oscar Razo were pronounced dead at the scene of the fire, according to Calhoun County Coroner Jerry Flemming. Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan said the call went out through 911 at […]
HOUSTON – Two teenagers have been seriously burned and a third has died in an early morning fire in Chickasaw County. Authorities are not releasing the name of the fatality or the other two victims pending notification of next or kin, but did say the fatality was a 16-year-old male and the other two burned […]
HOULKA – A Thursday night fire in Chickasaw County totally destroyed a mobile home and resulted in the death of an elderly woman. The Houlka Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched north of Houlka at 6:10 p.m. and found heavy smoke and flames coming from the double-wide trailer when they arrived on the scene. “An elderly […]
HOUSTON – One of the first fatalities of the Mississippi Fourth of July holiday was reported in Chickasaw County Wednesday afternoon. The accident occurred about 3 p.m. at the intersection of Egypt Road and Highway 45A in eastern Chickasaw County when a southbound pickup slammed into the rear wheels of an 18-wheeler that was attempting […]
JACKSON – An inmate at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman was fatally stabbed today, June 11, 2013, by a fellow inmate. Offender Kelvin Bowen, # R7284, was pronounced dead at the prison hospital at 1:04 p.m. He was attacked with a sharp instrument in the hallway of a maximum security unit at Building 29 […]
OKOLONA – A multi-vehicle accident Wednesday night on U.S. Highway 45 near Egypt has killed the driver of an 18-wheeler and sent several area residents to the hospital. Five people were also transported to local hospitals, including a six-month-old infant, following the three-vehicle wreck that blocked the highway for a little more than an hour. […]
HOUSTON – A Pontotoc teenager has died as result of an automobile accident on Highway 15 north early Sunday morning. Chickasaw County Coroner Andy Harmon said Tristan David Stafford was killed about 5:45 a.m. north of the Houlka intersection and just south of the Chickasaw County line. “He was northbound on Highway 15 in a […]
SHANNON – A 25-year-old Baldwyn woman has died from injuries sustained in an accident on Highway 245 around noon Christmas Day. Authorities said Amanda Autrey was a passenger in a vehicle driven by her husband, Timothy Autrey, that hydroplaned. Amanda Autrey died at 2:30 p.m. at North Mississippi Medical Center from injuries sustained in the […]
- Tennis anyone? March 12, 2014
- Houston Business Group unveils name March 11, 2014
- Lottie Perry March 10, 2014
- In the bleachers March 10, 2014
- Globetrotters fun for all kids March 10, 2014
- Tennis anyone? March 12, 2014
- Tourney time to toughen up March 12, 2014
- Jimmy Morgan March 12, 2014
- Jesse Harmon March 12, 2014
- Esther Eaton March 12, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...