HOUSTON – Aldermen want to “draw a line” and enforce Houston ordinances and building codes, but not this month. The Houston Board of Aldermen scheduled five property clean-up hearings Tuesday night and discussed the need to improve the quality of life in Houston by improving the quality and appearance of neighborhoods through code enforcement. They […]
Tag Archives | families
The Itawamba Community College Foundation will host a bike-riding event to raise money for student scholarships. The “Riding Tanglefoot Trail” event will be May 3, with registration beginning at 7:30 a.m. in Pontotoc, where cyclists will begin and end. The event will go from 8 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., with participants going as far as […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – During the holiday season, many tables are plentiful with food, family and fellowship but others in Chickasaw County can use extra help in providing meals. Several volunteer groups and non-profit agencies are sponsoring food drives throughout Novemember and December in an effort to assist the less fortunate with holiday cheer. Okolona food […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Unusually high absentee voting activity reported July 28, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...