STARKVILLE – Mississippi State University has released the graduation list for the 2014 fall tearm. Honor graduates include all bachelor-degree candidates with exceptional scholastic averages and at least half the total required course hours earned at MSU. Their specific levels of recognition and the minimum required averages for each, based on a 4.0 scale, include: […]
Tag Archives | Fall
HOUSTON – After more than three decades, organizers of the Flywheel Festival have found what people like and they have learned to have fun, too. The 33nd Annual Fall Flywheel Festival will be held Sept. 26-27 at Joe Brigance Park in Houston and offers two full days of food, fun, entertainment and flywheels. “We are […]
HOUSTON – One of the first events to be held in the newly renovated Chickasaw County Agri-Center could be Fall Fun Day. The Chickasaw County 4-H Clubs are heading up a community service project called “Fall Fun & Games Day” which will be held on Oct. 31, at the Chickasaw County Agri-Center in Houston. This […]
FULTON/TUPELO – Several area residents were among those who earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science degrees or certificates at the conclusion of the 2013 fall semester at Itawamba Community College. They include: Houlka – James F. Staton, A.A.; Kimberly M. Washington, certificate Houston – Aja L. Hooper, A.A. Okolona – Austin R. […]
Here it is the latter part of November and I found myself raking leaves at the Ingram Plantation in a t-shirt on Saturday. It rained Sunday, but that only made things muggy and humid. The sun even poked it’s head out Sunday afternoon to end the day on a beautiful note. But Thanksgiving is around […]
TUPELO – Northeast Mississippi areas that haven’t yet had their first killing frost are expected to see that situation change tonight. As early as this afternoon, a cold blast of Arctic air is expected to push through the region, dropping temperatures in some parts into the 30s before nightfall. Overnight lows are expected to hit the […]
Daylight Savings Time, or DST, ends on the first Sunday of November and readers of the Chickasaw Journal are urged to set their clock back this weekend. Clocks should be officially moved back one hour from 2 a.m. DST to 1 a.m. standard time Sunday. The phrase “spring forward, fall back” is a helpful reminder […]
There’s a chill in the air, which I don’t mind at all. And I’m wearing closed-toe shoes, which I do mind a lot. But there’s nothing to be done about either one, they both just have to run their course. It feels like fall is finally on its way and I can hear the distinct […]
We have 40-plus trees at my house and as I sat on the porch Saturday morning I couldn’t look out across the yard without watching a leaf slowly spin to the ground. It’s late September and while it isn’t fall just yet, it is the season to check the goals and direction for this year. […]
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors April 19, 2015
- Cyclist dies on Natchez Trace Parkway April 22, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...