HOUSTON – After more than three decades, organizers of the Flywheel Festival have found what people like and they have learned to have fun, too. The 33nd Annual Fall Flywheel Festival will be held Sept. 26-27 at Joe Brigance Park in Houston and offers two full days of food, fun, entertainment and flywheels. “We are […]
Tag Archives | Fall
HOUSTON – One of the first events to be held in the newly renovated Chickasaw County Agri-Center could be Fall Fun Day. The Chickasaw County 4-H Clubs are heading up a community service project called “Fall Fun & Games Day” which will be held on Oct. 31, at the Chickasaw County Agri-Center in Houston. This […]
FULTON/TUPELO – Several area residents were among those who earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science degrees or certificates at the conclusion of the 2013 fall semester at Itawamba Community College. They include: Houlka – James F. Staton, A.A.; Kimberly M. Washington, certificate Houston – Aja L. Hooper, A.A. Okolona – Austin R. […]
Here it is the latter part of November and I found myself raking leaves at the Ingram Plantation in a t-shirt on Saturday. It rained Sunday, but that only made things muggy and humid. The sun even poked it’s head out Sunday afternoon to end the day on a beautiful note. But Thanksgiving is around […]
TUPELO – Northeast Mississippi areas that haven’t yet had their first killing frost are expected to see that situation change tonight. As early as this afternoon, a cold blast of Arctic air is expected to push through the region, dropping temperatures in some parts into the 30s before nightfall. Overnight lows are expected to hit the […]
Daylight Savings Time, or DST, ends on the first Sunday of November and readers of the Chickasaw Journal are urged to set their clock back this weekend. Clocks should be officially moved back one hour from 2 a.m. DST to 1 a.m. standard time Sunday. The phrase “spring forward, fall back” is a helpful reminder […]
There’s a chill in the air, which I don’t mind at all. And I’m wearing closed-toe shoes, which I do mind a lot. But there’s nothing to be done about either one, they both just have to run their course. It feels like fall is finally on its way and I can hear the distinct […]
We have 40-plus trees at my house and as I sat on the porch Saturday morning I couldn’t look out across the yard without watching a leaf slowly spin to the ground. It’s late September and while it isn’t fall just yet, it is the season to check the goals and direction for this year. […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: How about a little change September 18, 2014
- Houston running game rolls September 18, 2014
- ER closes, clinic opens at Trace September 18, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...