HOUSTON – Senatorial candidate Thad Cochran (R-Miss) stopped in Houston Friday to visit with employees at Franklin Corporation and discussed immigration, events unfolding in the Middle East and the need for Republicans to vote for him this fall. Cochran was at Franklin for about an hour Thursday and chatted with employees about issues and shook […]
Tag Archives | factory
This is the summer shopping season and the time of year when people shop for their home, school children and spend a little extra money on a night out or weekend get-together. And this is also the time of year when community-oriented newspapers urge you to shop at home. We all know the reason for […]
At my house we have a job-jar. It’s a jar filled with jobs Sara feels need tending to on the Ingram Plantation. We’ve had this system for the past 20-years. I wake up most Saturday mornings and pull out a job. When it’s finished I pull out another. The job-jar has never been empty. It’s […]
By JB Clark and Floyd Ingram Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – A warehouse fire Monday night will put a small damper on production at one of United Furniture’s Okolona locations this week. Around 4 p.m. Monday, firefighters responded to the Warren Street location after an employee found what seemed to be a small […]
A quick look around will tell anyone this is the season to plant. We’ve had our cold weather, the Sun shines a little longer and stronger and the green is beginning to show. Even city folk can look around and see it is Spring and that means it is the time to plant. The same […]
NETTLETON – What began as a fight among family members Wednesday ended with two dead along Main Street in Nettleton’s downtown and one pronounced dead at North Mississippi Medical Center after being transported by helicopter. Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson said four people were in a car leaving United Furniture on Main Street in Nettleton […]
HOULKA – Kenneth Collums started Collums Furniture in a building behind his dad’s house near the school in New Houlka. “He put together that first piece of furniture with a Stanley hand stapler,” said Scott Collums. “My mother sewed the pieces. That’s the true story of how this business got started.” Collums Furniture has been […]
HOUSTON – Robotics, lightning-fast logistics, computers and measurements down to thousandths-of-an-inch may make it sound like a high-tech, Silicon Valley company, but it really does happen at International Paper in Houston. The local plant makes cardboard boxes – and lots of them – so the process is fast-paced, high-tech and computer-driven. And they can print […]
There are lots of furniture factories in Chickasaw County but few that have been around since 1976. Dixieland Furniture Manufacturing opened 37 years ago making sofas, loveseats and chairs and has found their niche in a industry with lots of ups and downs. The company continues to make upholstered furniture at the factory east of […]
- Houlka school “footprint” unveiled January 18, 2015
- Trustees consider search consultant January 22, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Keeping the dream alive January 22, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking forward to sunny days January 22, 2015
- Wildcats nip Chiefs January 22, 2015
- Deputies raid underage party in Mooreville, adult charged January 24, 2015
- Do legislators really know better than voters? January 24, 2015
- Alford earns ICC scholarship January 24, 2015
- BIRTH: Sawyer Blayre Yeatman January 24, 2015
- United Furniture gears up for February opening in Verona January 23, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...