By Jack Elliott Jr. Associated Press JACKSON – Attorneys for death row inmate Willie Jerome Manning are arguing again that Manning deserves a new trial for killing two sisters in 1993 in Starkville. Manning is appealing an Oktibbeha County judge’s denial of his post-conviction challenges related to evidence in his trial and his lawyer’s performance. […]
Tag Archives | execution
VARDAMAN — Calhoun County authorities have arrested four men in connection with a home invasion and assault of a man in Vardaman early Sunday morning. Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan said the phone of one of those arrested was found at the scene and the victim had been robbed by another one of the culprits […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal Willie Jerome Manning could become Mississippi’s next convicted murderer to be executed, if his further appeals are not effective. Manning is accused in two sets of murders, although this death sentence is for only the 1992 fatal shootings of two Mississippi State University students, Pamela Tiffany Miller, 23, […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...