Covering Chickasaw County puts me in touch with a lot of people each week and in meetings where a lot of information and data is presented. No medium is better suited to explain the details of budgets, trends and plain raw numbers than a newspaper. TV wants 30-seconds of pictures. Radio wants a five second […]
Tag Archives | Exchange Club
HOUSTON – The Exchange Club of Houston will be hosting a prayer breakfast at 7 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 6 at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center. The event is themed “One Nation Under God” and its aim is to increase appreciation of our rich religious heritage, but also seeks to remind Americans to […]
HOUSTON – Repairing downtown buildings and homes can be expensive, but tax credits help can make the cost of that business idea or residential renovation affordable. Speaking to the Houston Exchange Club last week, Bill Gatlin of the Mississippi Department of Archives and History, said people don’t renovate a downtown business because they love history, […]
HOUSTON – Robin Mathis will be the first to say Houston has been good to him. Mathis and his brother co-founded WCPC radio station in 1955 and though he sold the station several years ago, Mathis, 83, still shows up at the red-brick building on old Highway 15 in Houston five days a week. “Radio […]
HOUSTON – Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said his job to is to make sure public utilities follow state law and doesn’t understand why some agencies have balked when he asked for their bylaws. Speaking to the Houston Exchange Club last week, Presley said utility companies that are given the right to operate […]
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Eighty-two Toppers move tassel May 28, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...