CHICKASAW COUNTY – Nobody knows the needs of Chickasaw County better than the people who live in Chickasaw County United Way provided $116,302 of assistance to 32 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and those agencies have requested roughly $159,850 this year. And the people who will make those two different numbers meet […]
Tag Archives | Excel
This is the time of year when we take a look back at 2013 and at the same time look forward to 2014. It’s a bittersweet time of year. There have been weddings and funerals, cars bought and trucks crashed, profits and losses, good times and sad times. I try not to dwell too much […]
HOUSTON – There are always people in need and that means Chickasaw County needs United Way now more than ever. United Way provided $116,302 of assistance to 32 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and those agencies have requested roughly $159,850 this year. “The goal this year for United Way of North Mississippi […]
OKOLONA – The weather was perfect Monday night as more than 50 units took part in the Okolona Christmas Parade. The theme of this year’s parade was “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” and saw a variety of floats, walking troops, car clubs and two bands march down Main Street. “I thought the crowd was good […]
Traditional Thanksgiving dinner will be served at the Excel Commons on Main Street in Okolona Nov. 28 at noon. Those who might otherwise be without family on Thanksgiving are invited to join the fellowship meal at the Commons. Limited take outs are available. Volunteers are always welcome and may call Sr. Liz Brown at 456-2030 […]
OKOLONA – The community will come together this weekend to celebrate an organization and ministry that has been working to bring it together for 25 years. Excel in Okolona will celebrate its silver anniversary this weekend with a formal banquet for donors and volunteers and a day of activities aimed at those it has served […]
OKOLONA – Twenty-five years ago this fall Sister Elizabeth Brown saw a need to bring different parts of the community together to address a large number of social concerns. And with the help of her church, a number of local agencies and numerous volunteers, Excel in downtown Okolona has worked to address problems faced by […]
Residents of Chickasaw County are being invited to a GED assistance program at 2 p.m., June 15 at the Excel Building in downtown Okolona. The luncheon is for anyone 18-years-old or older who does not have their GED or high school diploma. Speakers include Excel’s Larry Davis, Jan West of Itawamba Community College, Keisha Bogan […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in Itawamba drug sting July 25, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- Required Vaccinations July 29, 2014
- Area school dress code policies July 30, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...