SHANNON – Ottis Eugene Bass, 49, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was born Jan. 21, 1965, to Bayward Talmadge and Carolyn Codelia Halcomb Bass. He was employed as a frame builder at United Furniture and was known for being a hard worker. Previously, he worked for both Ashley Industries and Lane Furniture. His hobbies […]
Tag Archives | Eugene
WEST POINT – Prentiss Eugene Bramlett Sr., 82, passed away, on Sunday, Dec. 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born Feb. 7, 1931, in Tupelo, the son of the late Maize Lee Davis and Virgil Preston Bramlett. He was a self-employed master carpenter for 20 years and a member […]
HOUSTON – Curtis Eugene “”Quick Draw”” McGraw, 69, died Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, in Coffeeville. He was born March 2, 1944, in Houston to Walter McGraw and Annie Boyce Hall McGraw. He was a truck driver for 25 years for Franklin Corp. in Houston, and a member of OOIDA. He enjoyed hunting and fishing and […]
CHICAGO – Eugene Bumper, 62, died Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013, in Chicago. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial of Okolona.
BRUCE – Isom Eugene McCormick, 77, died Wednesday, June 12, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born Feb. 9, 1936, in Bruce. He was a farmer. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, June 14, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. Bro. James Taylor will officiate. Burial will be in […]
DERMA – Zelma Hughes Williams, 80, died Sunday, April 7, 2013, at her residence in Derma. She was a member of Goff Chapel Church. She was a retired employee of Joe’s Grocery Store and the widow of George Williams. Celebration of life services will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Porter’s Chapel CME Church in […]
HOUSTON – Edward Eugene Smith, 70, died Friday, March 29, 2013, at his home. He was born May 20, 1942, in Van Vleet to Woodrow and Pauline Smith. He worked as a farmer and mechanic until he became disabled. The family would like to recognize the kindness and diligence of his Gentiva Hospice nurses, Carol […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...