SHANNON – Ottis Eugene Bass, 49, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was born Jan. 21, 1965, to Bayward Talmadge and Carolyn Codelia Halcomb Bass. He was employed as a frame builder at United Furniture and was known for being a hard worker. Previously, he worked for both Ashley Industries and Lane Furniture. His hobbies […]
Tag Archives | Eugene
WEST POINT – Prentiss Eugene Bramlett Sr., 82, passed away, on Sunday, Dec. 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born Feb. 7, 1931, in Tupelo, the son of the late Maize Lee Davis and Virgil Preston Bramlett. He was a self-employed master carpenter for 20 years and a member […]
HOUSTON – Curtis Eugene “”Quick Draw”” McGraw, 69, died Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, in Coffeeville. He was born March 2, 1944, in Houston to Walter McGraw and Annie Boyce Hall McGraw. He was a truck driver for 25 years for Franklin Corp. in Houston, and a member of OOIDA. He enjoyed hunting and fishing and […]
CHICAGO – Eugene Bumper, 62, died Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013, in Chicago. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial of Okolona.
BRUCE – Isom Eugene McCormick, 77, died Wednesday, June 12, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born Feb. 9, 1936, in Bruce. He was a farmer. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, June 14, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. Bro. James Taylor will officiate. Burial will be in […]
DERMA – Zelma Hughes Williams, 80, died Sunday, April 7, 2013, at her residence in Derma. She was a member of Goff Chapel Church. She was a retired employee of Joe’s Grocery Store and the widow of George Williams. Celebration of life services will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Porter’s Chapel CME Church in […]
HOUSTON – Edward Eugene Smith, 70, died Friday, March 29, 2013, at his home. He was born May 20, 1942, in Van Vleet to Woodrow and Pauline Smith. He worked as a farmer and mechanic until he became disabled. The family would like to recognize the kindness and diligence of his Gentiva Hospice nurses, Carol […]
- Okolona briefed on Trace Regional changes August 25, 2014
- Color Run fun August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...