At my house we have a job-jar. It’s a jar filled with jobs Sara feels need tending to on the Ingram Plantation. We’ve had this system for the past 20-years. I wake up most Saturday mornings and pull out a job. When it’s finished I pull out another. The job-jar has never been empty. It’s […]
Tag Archives | Employment
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal VERONA – Equipment is being installed at United Furniture Industries’ newest production plant as it gets ready to open in two weeks. But one critical component is missing: employees. The company, which already employs more than 1,600 people at five facilities in Northeast Mississippi, is looking to fill 300 jobs […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – The local job market held steady as Chickasaw County continued to notch double-digit unemployment in May which is traditionally a strong hiring month in agriculture. Chickasaw County had a 10.3 unemployment rate in May with the state average being 8.0 and the national average being 6.1. Northeast Mississippi posted one of the […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Mississippi’s employers added 5,000 people to their payrolls in April, breaking four months of declines. Chickasaw County notched a 10.3 percent unemployment rate and down from an 11.4 jobless rate in March. The county showed a labor force of 7,180 with 6,400 people holding jobs or 740 workers officially unemployed. The drop […]
Daily Journal Northeast Mississippi’s unemployment rate was 8.4 percent in January, up from December’s 7.6 percent rate. But the figure isn’t a cause for alarm. Despite the increase, the rate was almost two percentage points lower than a year earlier. And January’s rate marked the fourth-lowest unemployment rate for the region since 2008. The numbers […]
HOUSTON – After suffering through double-digit unemployment most of the year, Chickasaw County’s jobless rate dropped to 9.9 percent last month The trend was part what local businessmen and employers feel is a warming of the economy and a need to add jobs as orders and production increases. Northeast Mississippi’s annual unemployment rate dropped […]
HOUSTON — There are lot of needs this Christmas and most of them can be filled when a person has a job. The WIN Job Center hosted a Christmas Open House recently to show local leaders and the public what it can offer 12 months out of the year to help someone find the right […]
HOUSTON – Houston is a nice, quiet, safe little town and city leaders want to keep it that way. The Houston Board of Aldermen has voted to advertise for a new police officer and hopes to have that person hired this summer. “Hiring police officers is one of the most important things we do,” said […]
I was fortunate to attend the State of the Region meeting Friday in Tupelo and listen to the latest trends and topics being discussed around Northeast Mississippi. Jobs, education and leadership were the issues of the day as the best and brightest from 17 counties gathered at the BancorpSouth Conference Center to solve the regions […]
The Itawamba Community College Workforce Development and Training Division is offering two computer classes at the Houston WIN Job Center. They include Introduction to Word Processing (Windows 7 and Microsoft Word 2010) and Beginning Keyboarding/Typing. Introduction to Word Processing includes introduction to Windows 7, creating folders, saving files, using a flash drive, setting margins and […]
- CRIME ROUNDUP: Houston resident arrested for sexual assault May 16, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- HELP WANTED: Mentors, volunteers sought for COPES May 20, 2015
- Big fish, big smile May 20, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...