Dear Editor, We knew Dr. Herman Smith from 1957 when he volunteered to teach our Boys Sunday School Class at the Baptist Church. Our classroom was in the newly built educational building, in a corner room where noises of young boys would not disturb. Dr. Smith came into our class a new teacher, but with […]
Tag Archives | Ellard
GULF SHORES, Ala. – Bob F. White, 82, of Gulf Shores, Ala., passed away Tuesday, Sept. 03, 2013. He graduated Evergreen High School and attended Southwest Junior College in Mississippi and Troy State. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving in Korea. He later completed his education at The University of Alabama with a degree in Geology. He […]
HOUSTON – Winds fanned a noon-time fire into one of the hottest blazes local firefighters can remember in some time. The fire was reported at at 687 Pontotoc Street at 11:18 a.m. Thursday with firefighters bringing the blaze under control about 1:45 p.m. and staying on the scene until 2:55 p.m. overhauling the structure and […]
ECRU – Annette Thomas McPherson, 70, died Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012 at her home. She was born Feb. 14, 1942, in Bruce to Buster and Jettie Thomas. She was a graduate of Ellard High School. She was a longtime seamstress in the garment and furniture industries and a grocery store owner. She enjoyed gardening, sewing, […]
- Aldermen mull vendor permits July 22, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...