VARDAMAN – A heater coil over-heated and smoked up Vardaman Elementary School after school hours Thursday afternoon. Vardaman Elementary School Principal Dee Dee Lee said smoke was smelled in a hall about 3:30 p.m. and the fire department was called to check it out. She said students had already dismissed for the day and the […]
Tag Archives | Elementary
Allyson Leitner of Starkville and Todd Phillips of Ingomar announce the engagement of their daughter, Allie Marie Phillips, to Benjamin Allen Wallis, son of Regina and Benny Wallis of Ripley. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Barbara and Lamar Phillips of Van Vleet and the late Allie Mae Anglin of Houston. Miss Phillips is a […]
OKOLONA – The three first grade classes from Okolona Elementary School held a Thanksgiving Feast Nov. 21 and, in the true spirit of the season, invited friends to join them. First grade teachers, Mallory Ellis, Sonja Hobson and Michelle Priest, along with first grade students welcomed parents, school board members and principal, Lashanda Hoskins to […]
HOUSTON – The Fourth Annual Read-A-Thon is underway at Houston Lower Elementary School and parents and the community are being urged to support the program. Parent volunteers and teachers with the Positive Behavior Intervention Support program fanned out over town last week to solicit donations for the effort that benefits HLES. “It was a great […]
HOUSTON – Houston Lower Elementary School has released the honor rolls for the fourth nine weeks. First Grade Superintendent’s List 90 or Above – All As Caleb Bevels, Ivette Gonzalez, Kayleigh Griffin, Michael Hiner. Kennedy Pearson, Victoria Price, Jordan Earrey, Braxton Porter, Markerra Williams, McKenzie Griggs, Sara Casados, Kylan Marble, Anqunek Gladney, Ja’tavius Eskridge, Damien […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – On May 1, Tom Byrne, representing the P.A.C.E. Foundation, visited Houston Upper Elementary School. He awarded cash prizes to thirty-three deserving students in grades 3 through 5 for their achievement in the Accelerated Reading Program for the second semester. The AR Program is a voluntary program that encourages […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Houston Upper Elementary has released the students of the week for April 15-19. Third Grade Brittany Alford-Jermaine Cockrell Brooke Alford-Khenyia Williams Atkins-Katie Hill Hillhouse-Jas-meaira Cousin McFarland-Lane Holmes Owens-Kylen Echoles Fourth Grade Davis-Julius Bell Kimbrough-Shondra Burt Kirby-Mary Grace Jernigan Love-Joseph Stevens Moore-Cade Ellison Fifth Grade Carr-Tramon Robinson Hodnett-Jamiya CUnningham
HOUSTON – The Parent Teacher Organization at Houston Upper Elementary School made a significant donation to the school recently. The PTO donated $7,000 to help place Smartboards in each classroom to assist teachers and students. PTO President Edie Myatt said the group was happy to assist in the project. “We used Great American fundraising,” Myatt […]
HOUSTON – A positive approach to discipline creates a positive learning environment and gives students a positive outlook on life. The Houston Upper Elementary School implemented PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support) last year and has been named a model school by program authors at the state level. “The goal is to prevent behavior problems […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...