A possible lightning strike at a Houston substation prompted a series of power outages Thursday night that put several thousand people in the dark. Natchez Trace Electric Power Association customers in Houston are fed TVA power by substations in Okolona and Calhoun City and the problem was first noted in Okolona. “We had a relay […]
Tag Archives | Electric
The Natchez Trace Electric Power Association annual meeting set for Monday night was postponed due to bad weather. General Manager Norma Kilgore said the meeting has been rescheduled for 7 p.m. Monday, May 12 at the Calhoun County High School.
HOUSTON – Every job, every school, every business and every home in Chickasaw County relies on electricity. Natchez Trace Electric Power Association celebrated 75 years of service to home and community this week with their annual meeting held in Calhoun County Monday night. “This cooperative started in 1939 with a director, a lady in the […]
OKOLONA – Melvin Burks was hired to do a job and he was before Okolona Aldermen last week warning them about political fallout from the tickets he is writing. Aldermen met with Burks as they added language to their ordinance that will allow Burks to collect fees at the city pound and return dogs to […]
A matter of priority Dear Editor, On Sunday morning, January 19, 2014, the main transformer for the electrical line between my house and my son’s house blew. We each tried contacting the after-hours telephone number for the Okolona City Electrical Department. We were unable to reach anyone. We then tried the Okolona Police Department […]
Houston is asking to renegotiate its 911 contract with Chickasaw County, as well it should. Houston is the only municipality in the county that is paying to support this vital communication service to everyone who pays a phone bill. And Houston taxpayers are supporting the county’s 911 system to the tune of $100,000 a year. […]
HOUSTON – Farming is one of the most dangerous jobs in the country and 80 percent of all accidents occur in the home. With those two facts in mind, the Chickasaw County Extension Service hosted the 11th Annual Ag Safety Day last week at the Chickasaw County Coliseum with fifth graders from all county schools […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen listened as members of the community stepped to the microphone last week and voiced their concerns with the Okolona Police Department and Okolona Electric Department. Three residents approached the Okolona Board of Aldermen citing their concerns with electric bills and customer service by the city. A resident also voiced her concern after […]
- Aldermen approve water meter bonds March 20, 2015
- MDWFP offers interactive map with fishing regulations March 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- Supervisors waiting for roads to dry March 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tis spring and a young man’s thoughts turn to . . . baseball March 26, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...