JACKSON (AP) – The qualifying deadline is Friday for Mississippi’s the nonpartisan judicial races on the ballot for the Nov. 4 general election. On the ballot will be races for three Mississippi Court of Appeals judgeships and county, chancery and circuit judges across the state. The candidates run without party affiliation. The three incumbent members […]
Tag Archives | Elections
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Local school districts have traditionally handled their own school board elections at various times, but a new state law makes it a countywide event in November this year. “They used to conduct their own elections with their own people and everything,” said Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis. “That won’t be […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A new state law requires voters to be able to identify themselves to poll-workers and has prompted a new photo ID card to be be made available from local circuit clerks. The new technology and equipment were provided to the Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk’s office earlier this year and went on-line […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – It was a year full of news at the Tanglefoot Trail opened and voters went to the polls to elect city officers. More than 10 years or planning, preparation and construction culminated this fall with the opening of the Tanglefoot Trail that stretches 44-miles from Houston to New Albany. The Trail – […]
Houston, Houlka, Woodland and Okolona all had spots for mayor and aldermen up for grabs this spring. I have always said the one of the things newspapers do best is cover elections. Getting that cute quote from an elected officials makes my day and often the day of our readers. Putting the numbers in front […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Aldermen named Daniel Heeringa as its 2013 appointment to the Houston School Board of Trustees last week. Heeringa will now fill out a full term and be up for re-appointment to his post on the Houston School Board in February 2018. Heeringa had been appointed by the city in […]
- County picks MedStat ambulances September 25, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- NMMC offers pastoral education program September 28, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- EPA conducts water quality study on Chico Creek October 1, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...