HOUSTON – Jack Henry Clark Sr., 64, died Monday, Jan. 6, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born July 17, 1949, in Chickasaw County to Leon Clark and Sarah Elder Clark. He served in the U.S. Marines as a marksman and was a Vietnam veteran. He worked at Arkell Springs for more than […]
Tag Archives | Elder
HOUSTON – Elder Ronald Ray Cockrell, 70, died Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, at White County Medical Center in Searcy, Ark. He was born Aug. 13, 1943, in Bastrop, La., to Jualen Cockrell and Lilian White Cockrell. He was a minister at Mount Herman Primitive Baptist Church in Vardaman. Services will be at 1 p.m. […]
HOUSTON – Elder Ronald Ray Cockrell, 70, died Saturday Oct. 12, 2013, at White County Medical Center in Searcy, Ark. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced by Memorial Funeral Home of Houston.
Thanks to my readers for wanting to know more about my college roommate at Wood Junior College, Hassan Edjlai. Hassan was from Iran having been sent to Wood by the government of Iran. He was to go to Wood two years and then go to Mississippi State to earn a BS degree in Engineering. His […]
Not many weeks ago, I fussed about the cold weather bothering my plants and how uncomfortable the cold was. I wished for warmer weather and some sunshine. I was not alone because I heard a number of people doing the same thing. We quickly got warmer weather and some sunshine. In fact we got some […]
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Who’s No. 1! November 28, 2014
- Monroe authorities need help locating missing man November 28, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...