OKOLONA – A multi-vehicle accident Wednesday night on U.S. Highway 45 near Egypt has killed the driver of an 18-wheeler and sent several area residents to the hospital. Five people were also transported to local hospitals, including a six-month-old infant, following the three-vehicle wreck that blocked the highway for a little more than an hour. […]
Tag Archives | Egypt
It may be the finest product the Chickasaw Journal publishes, it certainly is the most polished. “Come Home to Chickasaw County,” a magazine produced by your hometown newspaper, can be found inside this week’s edition of the Chickasaw Journal. The cover shows a few of those things we cherish so much in this community – […]
HOUSTON – Farming is one of the most dangerous jobs in the country and 80 percent of all accidents occur in the home. With those two facts in mind, the Chickasaw County Extension Service hosted the 11th Annual Ag Safety Day last week at the Chickasaw County Coliseum with fifth graders from all county schools […]
PRAIRIE – Inez Naugle Caradine, 81, went on to be with the Lord Monday, March 4, 2013, at her home in the Caradine community. She was born Jan. 14, 1932, in the Caradine community of north Clay County to the late Clara Naugle Caradine and Hugh Grant Caradine Sr. Inez Naugle Caradine was a member […]
EGYPT – Charles B. “Charlie” King, 80, died Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House. He was born to James Albert II and Florence Coburn King on Aug. 30, 1932, on the Redbud Plantation near Egypt. He graduated in 1950 from Okolona High (almost Egypt, it closed the year before), then Mississippi State University […]
FULTON – Patsy Idwilda Rooker, 48, died Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013, at her daughter’s home in Fulton following an extended illness. She was born in Houston on April 4, 1964, to George David Forrester and Patsy Jeanette Wise Whitehead. She worked as a seamstress at Seminole Furniture Mfg. before becoming disabled. She always put her […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston tourism tax vote set for Aug. 11 May 18, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...