OKOLONA – A multi-vehicle accident Wednesday night on U.S. Highway 45 near Egypt has killed the driver of an 18-wheeler and sent several area residents to the hospital. Five people were also transported to local hospitals, including a six-month-old infant, following the three-vehicle wreck that blocked the highway for a little more than an hour. […]
Tag Archives | Egypt
It may be the finest product the Chickasaw Journal publishes, it certainly is the most polished. “Come Home to Chickasaw County,” a magazine produced by your hometown newspaper, can be found inside this week’s edition of the Chickasaw Journal. The cover shows a few of those things we cherish so much in this community – […]
HOUSTON – Farming is one of the most dangerous jobs in the country and 80 percent of all accidents occur in the home. With those two facts in mind, the Chickasaw County Extension Service hosted the 11th Annual Ag Safety Day last week at the Chickasaw County Coliseum with fifth graders from all county schools […]
PRAIRIE – Inez Naugle Caradine, 81, went on to be with the Lord Monday, March 4, 2013, at her home in the Caradine community. She was born Jan. 14, 1932, in the Caradine community of north Clay County to the late Clara Naugle Caradine and Hugh Grant Caradine Sr. Inez Naugle Caradine was a member […]
EGYPT – Charles B. “Charlie” King, 80, died Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House. He was born to James Albert II and Florence Coburn King on Aug. 30, 1932, on the Redbud Plantation near Egypt. He graduated in 1950 from Okolona High (almost Egypt, it closed the year before), then Mississippi State University […]
FULTON – Patsy Idwilda Rooker, 48, died Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013, at her daughter’s home in Fulton following an extended illness. She was born in Houston on April 4, 1964, to George David Forrester and Patsy Jeanette Wise Whitehead. She worked as a seamstress at Seminole Furniture Mfg. before becoming disabled. She always put her […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Love and Hate July 22, 2015
- Area students earn ICC scholarships July 26, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...