Dear Editor, I serve on the board of the Thorn Volunteer Fire Department, and I know how important a fire department is to the community. However, when my family was on the receiving end of your service, I was overwhelmed at how thrilled I was to see you driving up, and how I felt everything […]
Tag Archives | Editor
A matter of priority Dear Editor, On Sunday morning, January 19, 2014, the main transformer for the electrical line between my house and my son’s house blew. We each tried contacting the after-hours telephone number for the Okolona City Electrical Department. We were unable to reach anyone. We then tried the Okolona Police Department […]
Open letter to the Houston Fire Department, Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving the Willis family from our own stupid mistakes. You saved our Christmas season! So naturally you were the topic of conversation at our Christmas gatherings. Relief washed over us when all those big red fire trucks arrived. Your prompt, professional […]
Dear Editor, We knew Dr. Herman Smith from 1957 when he volunteered to teach our Boys Sunday School Class at the Baptist Church. Our classroom was in the newly built educational building, in a corner room where noises of young boys would not disturb. Dr. Smith came into our class a new teacher, but with […]
There’s a chill in the air, which I don’t mind at all. And I’m wearing closed-toe shoes, which I do mind a lot. But there’s nothing to be done about either one, they both just have to run their course. It feels like fall is finally on its way and I can hear the distinct […]
Shutdown strategy is irresponsible Dear Editor, As Chairman of the Chickasaw County Democratic Executive Committee, I find the strategy of the Republican Party to withhold approval of a budget and threaten to extend the debt ceiling unless the Affordable Health Care Act is rescinded and abolished to be irresponsible. The Affordable Health Care Act was […]
Endless interventions rob U.S. of its treasure Dear Editor, I will start by telling you what I think of the situation in America as of May 15, 2012. As of Dec. 18, 2011, the total number of our servicemen killed in the Iraq nine-year war was 4,474 and the number wounded in action was […]
Rails to Trails concerns Dear Editor, If you are pleased with the Rails to Trails waste of taxpayers’ money, you are one of the few. That money could have been spent on the roads for the benefit of the working people so they could get to work safely and not have to spend all their […]
Pull your weight, work for entitlement Dear Editor, The long dreaded automatic spending cuts of the sequester have now taken effect. Yet the sky did not fall despite the ominous warnings of Chicken Little and company. In realty these very modest reductions in government spending are all our elected officials have done to actually […]
Let’s try charter schools Dear Editor, Thanks to liberals like you and Dr. Coker, we readers get to hear one side of the Charter School issue. You are right in that we should do our homework. That statement includes you and Dr. Coker. Let’s see, we were at the bottom of the education in […]
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Okolona cracks down on city travel April 22, 2014
- Manufacturing event set for Franklin Furniture Center at MSU April 21, 2014
- Pink ribbon run Saturday April 21, 2014
- LaGrone Pack April 21, 2014
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl April 23, 2014
- Lions snatch victory from Wildcats April 23, 2014
- Houston hosts a who? April 23, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...