I hope you were able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather on Easter Sunday. I went by the Bruce Square and watched while the egg hunt was in progress. My problem with an egg hunt was that I never could find any eggs. From the streets next to the square I could see […]
Tag Archives | Easter
MANTEE – A small church in a small community is sharing love in a big way. Members of the Missionary Society and children of New Covenant M.B. Church have created 53 Easter baskets for the elderly in the community and surrounding areas. “Last year was the first year we did it,” said Courtney Ivy. “We […]
HOUSTON – Lenten lunches wrap up with Good Friday services and a meal at Houston First United Methodist Church Family life center at noon. “If you can’t get excited about being a Christian during Holy Week, you need to get in church this week,” said Rev. Rex Wilburn, pastor of Houston First United Methodist Church. “This […]
The boys have gotten a little too old and too cool for the full-blown Easter thing at my house. But don’t worry we will still have Peeps, jelly beans and a ham. We will all get up on Sunday morning and go to church. Then it is off to my mother’s house for lunch and […]
The annual Houston Main Street Easter egg hunt will be held March 23 at noon on the courthouse square. Children will be divided by age groups for egg hunting and all are welcome to attend. For information, call 456-2321. The Woodland Easter Egg Hunt will be held on at 3 p.m. Saturday, March 30 just […]
WOODLAND – There is a saying in politics that wise leaders gather young people around you because youth doesn’t know it can’t be done. The village of Woodland has formed a Mayor’s Youth Council that recently attended the Mississippi Municipal League Statewide Youth Leadership Summit held March 1-2 in Hattiesburg and has returned home looking […]
Dr. Randy Rinehart will bring the message at today’s Lenten Lunch. Lenten Lunches are held at noon each Wednesday through Good Friday at Houston First United Methodist Church Family Life Center featuring a different guest speaker each week. A light lunch is served at no charge, but donations are accepted for the Greater Houston Ministerial […]
HOUSTON – Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Lenten season in the Christian liturgical calendar and a community gathering begins the following week. Lenten lunches will be held at noon each Wednesday leading up to Holy Week at Houston First United Methodist Church Family Life Center. A different speaker from area churches will deliver […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in Itawamba drug sting July 25, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- Required Vaccinations July 29, 2014
- Area school dress code policies July 30, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...