Tag Archives | Dyer
“White privilege…” I keep seeing this phrase in political/social commentary. What exactly does it mean? I was born in 1947 to a veteran to the third great war of empire, a.k.a., World War II. My father was summoned from the obscurity and insularity of the Kilgore Hills in Clay County to serve the interests of […]
LONGVIEW – Ray C. Dyer, 89, died Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at his residence. He was a member of Longview Baptist Church, where he was an inactive deacon. He served his county during World War II in the Army. He was a prisoner of war for 21 days and was awarded a Purple Heart. After the Army, he […]
HOUSTON – Marie Jeanette Lowrey Pumphrey, 89, died Friday, April 5, 2013, at Floy Dyer Manor Nursing Home. She was born Feb. 13, 1924, in Chickasaw County to James Nathan Lowrey and Ida Alford Mooneyham. She was a member of Thorn Church of God. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Funeral Home […]
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...