“White privilege…” I keep seeing this phrase in political/social commentary. What exactly does it mean? I was born in 1947 to a veteran to the third great war of empire, a.k.a., World War II. My father was summoned from the obscurity and insularity of the Kilgore Hills in Clay County to serve the interests of […]
Tag Archives | Dyer
LONGVIEW – Ray C. Dyer, 89, died Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at his residence. He was a member of Longview Baptist Church, where he was an inactive deacon. He served his county during World War II in the Army. He was a prisoner of war for 21 days and was awarded a Purple Heart. After the Army, he […]
HOUSTON – Marie Jeanette Lowrey Pumphrey, 89, died Friday, April 5, 2013, at Floy Dyer Manor Nursing Home. She was born Feb. 13, 1924, in Chickasaw County to James Nathan Lowrey and Ida Alford Mooneyham. She was a member of Thorn Church of God. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Funeral Home […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...