HOUSTON – A woman who allegedly shot at her boyfriend and then barricaded herself in her home on Pittsboro Street was arrested after law enforcement kicked down her door and rushed the house. Teresa Duncan Murphy, of 513 Pittsboro Street, was arrested on charges of attempted murder and carried to the Chickasaw County Jail about […]
Tag Archives | Duncan
CALHOUN CITY – Quinnette Hardin, 79, died on Thursday, June 12, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born Monday, June 18, 1934, in Woodland, she was the daughter of the late Sherman Langford and the late Eula Vanlandingham Langford. She was the wife of the late Fred W. Hardin.Surviving are sons, Billy W. […]
AMORY – Gloria Ann Wehrman Duncan, 76, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, in Blacksburg, Va. Born in Wren on Sept. 13, 1937, she was a daughter of Henry August and Earnest Lee Whatley Wehrman. Growing up in Wren she graduated from Wren School. She was of the Methodist faith. She worked at Amory BBQ and […]
HOUSTON – Melvin Faye Duncan, 78, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, at his home. He was born Dec. 8, 1935, in Chickasaw County to Henry Clinton Duncan and Hester Ardenia Cook Duncan. He attended Friendship Baptist Church in Thorn. Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7, at Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Fred […]
HOUSTON – Steve Duncan was so glad to be at Thursday’s Houston Volunteer Fire Department Annual Awards Banquet. Duncan, 44, passed out at his father’s shop on Okolona Cutoff on Nov. 7 and the Houston Fire Department and local EMTs revived him and transported him to Trace Regional Hospital. He was later taken to Northeast […]
DERMA – Nancy Duncan, 39, died Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013, at her sister’s home in Pontotoc. She was born March 10, 1974, to Steve Paul Duncan and Henrietta Mann Duncan. Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17, at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Rex Wilbourn officiating. Burial will follow in Oak Springs […]
HOUSTON – Emma Frances Duncan, 87, died Monday, Nov. 18, 2013, at Shearer Richardson Nursing Home in Okolona. She was born March 28, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Richard G. Boyce and Sally Huffman Boyce. She owned and operated a beauty shop in Memphis until her retirement when she moved to Houston. She was a […]
MANTEE – Victor Arnold Duncan, 90, died Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at V.A. Hospital in Jackson. He was born on Jan. 18, 1923, in Houston to Ruben Gaston Duncan and Vannie Jane Griffin Duncan. He was a retired heavy equipment operator for Russ Butler and an owner and partner of D&J Service Station. He loved […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Divide or unite March 21, 2015
- Supervisors waiting for roads to dry March 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tis spring and a young man’s thoughts turn to . . . baseball March 26, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...