CALHOUN CITY – Quinnette Hardin, 79, died on Thursday, June 12, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born Monday, June 18, 1934, in Woodland, she was the daughter of the late Sherman Langford and the late Eula Vanlandingham Langford. She was the wife of the late Fred W. Hardin.Surviving are sons, Billy W. […]
Tag Archives | Duncan
AMORY – Gloria Ann Wehrman Duncan, 76, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, in Blacksburg, Va. Born in Wren on Sept. 13, 1937, she was a daughter of Henry August and Earnest Lee Whatley Wehrman. Growing up in Wren she graduated from Wren School. She was of the Methodist faith. She worked at Amory BBQ and […]
HOUSTON – Melvin Faye Duncan, 78, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, at his home. He was born Dec. 8, 1935, in Chickasaw County to Henry Clinton Duncan and Hester Ardenia Cook Duncan. He attended Friendship Baptist Church in Thorn. Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7, at Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Fred […]
HOUSTON – Steve Duncan was so glad to be at Thursday’s Houston Volunteer Fire Department Annual Awards Banquet. Duncan, 44, passed out at his father’s shop on Okolona Cutoff on Nov. 7 and the Houston Fire Department and local EMTs revived him and transported him to Trace Regional Hospital. He was later taken to Northeast […]
DERMA – Nancy Duncan, 39, died Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013, at her sister’s home in Pontotoc. She was born March 10, 1974, to Steve Paul Duncan and Henrietta Mann Duncan. Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17, at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Rex Wilbourn officiating. Burial will follow in Oak Springs […]
HOUSTON – Emma Frances Duncan, 87, died Monday, Nov. 18, 2013, at Shearer Richardson Nursing Home in Okolona. She was born March 28, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Richard G. Boyce and Sally Huffman Boyce. She owned and operated a beauty shop in Memphis until her retirement when she moved to Houston. She was a […]
MANTEE – Victor Arnold Duncan, 90, died Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at V.A. Hospital in Jackson. He was born on Jan. 18, 1923, in Houston to Ruben Gaston Duncan and Vannie Jane Griffin Duncan. He was a retired heavy equipment operator for Russ Butler and an owner and partner of D&J Service Station. He loved […]
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Color Run fun August 28, 2014
- Houston kicks off season with win August 28, 2014
- INGRAM: Dove season makes my trigger-finger itch August 28, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...