HOUSTON – Drug charges take up just under half of the 91 cases in Chickasaw County Circuit Court last week. Court was scheduled to get underway Monday morning and is slated to continue through Friday, March 29 at the Chickasaw County Courthouse. The docket saw 44 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes […]
Tag Archives | Drugs
Special to the Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – Members of the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department, Okolona Police Department, Houston Police Department and North Mississippi Narcotics Unit are continuing to crack down on drug use and sales in the county and made several arrests during the month of February. Several local citizens were arrested as well […]
When I sit down to plan my budget at home, I start with the things I cannot avoid paying. The light bill, the phone bill, the water bill, the mortgage – and of course my taxes. It’s the same with sitting down to figure out the budget for city and county government. They start […]
OKOLONA – The January term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw 11 of the 79 cases on the docket disposed of in open court. The two week term opened on Jan. 28 and continued through Friday, Feb. 8 at the Chickasaw County Courtroom in Okolona. Nine probation revocations were also heard. The docket saw 28 […]
HOUSTON – The Mississippi Highway Patrol has filed formal paperwork and citations in Chickasaw County Justice Court to bring four charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth cleared the way for charges of possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence, speeding and failing to comply with a […]
OKOLONA – Drug charges take up just over a third of the 79 cases in Chickasaw County Circuit Court this week. Court got underway last week and is slated to continue through Friday, Feb. 8 at the Chickasaw County Courtroom in Okolona. The docket saw 28 drug-related cases set for this term, down from the […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department and North Mississippi Narcotics Unit are constantly fighting the battle against illegal drugs in the county and sometimes receive tips from the most unlikely sources. On Jan. 9, CSO and NMNU agents made a traffic stop on Jimmy Putt in Old Houlka, after […]
by Regina Butler Pontotoc Progress Following months of investigation Pontotoc County law enforcement authorities arrested a number of people last week on an assortment of alleged drug charges. In a major county wide round up, 20 people had their initial appearance before Justice Court Judge David Hall last Wednesday, January 23. Sheriff Leo Mask said […]
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors September 23, 2014
- Pink Ribbon 5K set for Sept. 27 September 23, 2014
- Cassandra Pulliam appointed Circuit Clerk September 23, 2014
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Zora Cousin September 22, 2014
- Houston gets grant for fire loop September 22, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...